Quantcast

Yamaha moto 4 350 carburetor rebuild

wiwild

Hello everyone !

I'm currently rebuilding my carburetor on my Yamaha moto 4 350 1987, first time I rebuild a carb 😅 ! It was leaking fuel from the overflow and inside the intake ....

When I took off needle (the platic top part was stuck like crazy) I had a spring and inside the kit there is a spring, an O-Ring and a washer. 

Left is the needle that was in the carburetor and right is the new set (I already tried to mount it but it didn't felt right and I accidentally broke the o-ring)

Anyway, I saw in some videos and diagram that there is no spring in here. So should I put the spring back ? And where ? On top of the needle or bottom ?

20210206_225214.thumb.jpg.d827a432a0f1cf725c05921cbf7796d5.jpg

This is an original Mikuni carb :

20210206_230015.thumb.jpg.50ee9fe7d2bc45a5688dcf38bf1f9ccd.jpg

Thank you ! Also if you have any additionnal tips please feel free to share I want to learn the proper way !

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.
    • By Starsat
      The choke lever doesn't stay in position on my 2001 Yamaha Kodiak.  The model is YFM 400.  I have to hold the lever to the choke position manually for some reason.  Any Ideas as to why?
    • By Parham
      My quad will not start when temperature is below 40 F.  Starts and runs great in warmer temperatures.  My choke doesn't seem to be working...should the plunger be "IN" (down) or "out" (up) to actually "Choke"?  Not the little choke lever...the actual plunger in the carb?
    • By Ragsy
      Recently got a 95 KLF300 and have been fixing a lot of electrical issues and finally got it running. It ran good for a day then went to start it the next and it was already done for and not starting. Found that the plug had been fouled and replaced that and now it runs. The problem I have though is that It will only idle with just a little choke on. Will not start with no choke and when choke is applied it revs itself to extremely high RPMs. Before I adjusted the air mixture screw it would only run if the choke was OFF and afterwards it only runs with choke. If I try to give it any throttle it immediately bogs down and will stall out. Starts back up like nothing happened. Timing is dead on.
      I have a brand new Chinese carb, old owner didn't have OEM on it. What could be the problem?