Quantcast

2017 Polaris 450 sportsman Ho stuck sway bar

Having recently bought a well used sportsman 450 with 20000 miles in northern Peru i found out ,among many other things that the swaybar is stuck solid,hence the harsh ride,so I removed the links and finally am enjoying a much smoother ride.

My thoughts are to find a 1/2 " round steel rod with grooved ends instead of the awkward square tube which polaris fits and make a proper rotation bearings linkage.  By the way ,turning has improoved but I think a more flexible bar would

bring back stability for a safe ride. The intake manifold adapter was cracked in two pieces and glued together with 2 component epoxy glue but didnt last long. This glue stuff (soldimix Peru) really sticks to this rubbish puttylike polaris rubber but the trick

is to wrap a silk tape while the glue is still fresh overlapping both broken ends. Garanteed it will never come off again. Problem is the intake boot vibrates a lot and being more plastified than rubber for rigiditty´s sake it will end cracking by also bearing the weight

of the carb body and airbox.

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      Sorry I suck at these forums so if you see this submitted under update status, my bad. Anyhow this is a new shock for a 96 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 it fits my 96 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4 perfectly. Little narrower are the bottom than the original but everything else is perfect. I extended it to almost a half in from full extension because I’m pushing 350 pounds.  It rides and hold me well. So if any of y'allRace driven shock. have been looking for one and didn’t want to do the research here it is. 

• By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4  
    • By p5200
      I'm having trouble identifying Mark. I know where the mark is in the Stator cover. Is the T at about, the 12 o'clock position in this photo? I've got to buy another Stator cover as the one I have has a hole at the bottom of it. Due to failing eyes, I have a lot of trouble anymore. Thanks! 🙂

• By Gwbarm
      My Yamaha Big Bear shifts through all the gears good, goes into reverse smoothly, but when i go to get out of reverse it takes a lot of effort to get it back to first gear, and even then it does not go very smoothly, have to pull up on the pedal really hard, anyone else ever had this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.    
    • By Werewolf
      My wheeler originally had a fuel leak.But on trying to start it no spark. Took front end off, when I try to start it I get one spark then nothing. Come back a while latter one spark,replaced coil and cdi box no help?