Quantcast

New Member from Ct

J-BONE

Hello People, Back in the quad world after a12+ year absence. Just purchased a '21 Polaris Sportsman 570 Premium (be here in 5 weeks). Never though I would buy a Polaris, back in the day they were the swear word of ATV'S, but researching they have come a long way. I have been on quads my whole life and have had probably about 8+ quads from racers to my Brute 750 (loved that machine). I was considering a '21 Griz 700, but being in Ct we have no areas to ride so the 570 was perfect price for it's use.  In the past I was registered in MA & ME and rode Paragon in PA which was Awesome (believe closed down/developed)-To enjoy good riding have to leave my state. I belonged to a solid group of riders in the past "Northeast ATV'ers"  many good times and good people.*** History lesson: A group of us back in the day fought for a trail system against the State of Ct (RELL) trying to get areas to ride. We went to dealers to get numbers of sales to present (requested by state) showing proof of money that could be made in ATV registration/passes. State wanted us to have people register their quads see what numbers look like "THEN" would consider a trail system, land, forests to ride. Well, that didn't go over well- Who's going to register there machine, pay a fee & taxes for a possible nothing?...So long story short I tried to battle our state for riding areas we got no where and there's plenty of land sitting. They sell the machines but we can't legally ride them here which sucks. Im hoping if time allows to get to a few areas with friends for good riding. Maybe meet up with new riders for some good times....thanks, looking forward to getting back into the quad world...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By gatorschevy
      If so, I have covid lol, in the past 3 months I have bought 6.
      04 Suzuki Quad runner 400
      86 Kawasaki bayou 185
      96 Polaris magnum 425
      95 Polaris trail blazer 250
      03 bombardier 175 rally
      92 Yamaha moto 4 350