Quantcast

1991 Yamaha 350 Warrior - Rear Tire Tubeless?

If you look at the tyre valve it will be either metal, threaded, with a nut to prevent the tube pulling in, or an all rubber valve which is a tight fit in the rim's hole. The metal one is a tube.

I'd imagine it was originally meant to have be tubeless.

There is stuff they call "slime", that you buy in a bottle and put into tyres to stop slow leaks. The slow leak could be between the tyre and the rim, so you'd want to take the wheel off, take the tyre valve out, put the slime in and then the valve back in, inflate the tyre, and hold the wheel on it's sides and roll and flip it around so the slime gets right up the sides near the join between the rim and tyre. You need to roll and flip it around at the right speed and timing and angle to get the slime into the right place. It will be a bit of hit and miss to get it all the way around the the join so you need to take your time and work the slime around for a while. It would help to locate the leak before you do all that, to get the slime into the place it's needed, by putting the inflated tyre into a tub of water and looking for bubbles. If the leak's in the tread part of the tyre then it will seal itself when you ride the bike.

A bottle of slime is about the same price as a new tube, but often a better option. Once it's in there it will seal any small leaks you may get in the future. Also, the rims that are made to be tubeless have the hole in the rim in a place that does not suit the tube's valve, with the result that if you do use a tube, they can easily get destroyed if the tyre does go even slightly too flat on a ride.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker 

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By alexwv1863
      I have a 2016 Arctic Cat 500 and recently noticed some oil leaking on the engine block to the right of the oil filter. It's near two metal lines going in and out of the engine block. I think one of the lines is called an engine oil line. I have a photo I'm going to try and attach. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to start tearing into the engine if I don't have to. I think maybe a gasket or something blew around one of these lines. The ATV runs fine otherwise. Doesn't overheat or anything.

• By p5200
      I'm assuming, it's alright to test the engine after adjusting valves without the rear axle installed? Can someone please verify this? I'm waiting on axle parts and wanting to get that done while waiting. Thanks! 🙂
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 (clone of a Yamaha Rhino 660) that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: