Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Bombardier Quest XT rotax 650 coolant type

• 2 months later...

A service manual will tell you what it should have, and I'd highly recommend you use what's recommended, or something completely compatible.. 

Even the type of casing material they use to cast the parts can effect the antifreeze choice, then there's also the gasket materials and the sensors and radiator metals etc..

Back when I worked for a BRP dealership, all the quads including yours came with green coolant - just the regular stuff that has been in use forever. Mix it 50/50 if it is the concentrated type sold at auto shops.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By QuadRunner
      I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose my 2008 King Quad 450 no start
      A couple days ago, after running for a few hours at low speeds (2-3mph wiping weeds), seat got hot, motor started to stumble, and we turned it off. Gave it a few minutes to cool down, turned on key, dash flickered, then lit up, I tried to start, but it did not turn over, dash died like the battery was dead.
      Quad acted like it was overheated, but I noticed a lot of heat coming from battery area. Checked battery voltage, showing 10.5 volts. 
      I had something similar happen last year, and it ended up being the regulator/rectifier. It killed the battery that time too.
      So, this time I pulled the battery, it stayed quite warm for over an hour. Put it on trickle overnight. Next day it showed over 12 volts. Took it to advance auto and had it tested. Bad cell. Bought new battery.
      Installed new battery. Now when trying to start, it seems normal, turns over, and begins to start, but immediately dies.
      I have ordered a new regulator/rectifier that will get here tomorrow. But today, I pulled the regulator and tested it according to the service manual. Ran a diode test using my multi-meter between all the pins on the regulator. They were all within range according to the service manual.
      Unplugged stator, and tested it. Showing 1.9 ohms between all pins. This is out of range. Should be .1-1.0 according to manual. However, I have a brand new spare stator, and that one also reads 1.9 ohms. I'm guessing my multi-meter is the problem?
      Used a paper clip to jump pins and put the dash into "dealer mode". Shows C00. No codes.
      Last time the regulator failed, I was able to remove the negative battery cable and do a leak test with the multi-meter. I observed a voltage leak, and when I unplugged the regulator, it would stop leaking. This made it clear to me that the regulator was the problem. This time, no voltage leak. Also, last time the regulator failed, it would still run fine with a new battery, it just wouldn't charge. Now it won't stay running for more than a second. I'm thinking this could be something else. Any ideas?

• By Jaiidutch
      ok so ill try and make this as short as i can i really hope someone here can help me figure this out...
      bought a 2001 Mojave 250 from some one not running.. was running till ??somthing?? happend. was told before it stopped running it had a timing chain slap sound so the chain was replaced.
      got the quad home and did a compression test results were 0psi...lol decided to break the engine down n see whats going on. found a brand new timing chain installed and yet 2 valves pushed into the head..so i ordered a top end gasket set and all new valves and lapped them in. while the head was off i did a broke man leak down and filled the cylinder with thin oil and let it sit for a few days and none of it leaked so i assume the rings are good. reinstalled the head with new head gasket and valves. re did a compression test and I'm seeing 80psi(i don't really trust my cheap tester). I kick start the quad over and it will run for about 10 seconds and then die. I'm getting good blue spark. cleaned the carb and tried again... i can kick 10 times and it will only start for 10 seconds or so. swapped my carb, throttle cable & thumb throttle from my 87 Honda 250x to the Mojave and same result 10 seconds... had a friend bring over a known good working Mojave carb and you guessed it same results 10 seconds. even swapped to a back up stator that i have and same thing... what in the world is going on! i dont know what els to try
    • By Scott150
      Im looking for a frame for my 1999 Suzuki LTF 500, or a used 4 wheeler to buy to swap parts. Thank you
    • By 97s-dime
      has not ran in 5 years slide was gummed up cleaned carb. and fired right up need fender 

• eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

• By mkibbe
      My 2014 750 king quad stalls sometimes when I touch or turn the handlebars,the problem has gotten worse,my machine has 475 miles and is only trail ridden,I have a new factory battery and i have 14.2 volts when the quad is running and 13.3 on the battery when not running,also using a multimeter there is no change in volts when turning the bars until it does stall,If I pull the 40 amp power steering fuse it will not stall.......I've been told its the ECU,Hate to buy one if thats not the problem,but its kinda leaning towards that,,,,,need some opinions.

• Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images