Quantcast

Carb & Valve Specs for 1993 Suzuki QuadRunner 300

Hello everyone!  Just joined up.  As an introduction, I've had a Kawaski Bayou KLF300 2x4 since my Dad bought it new in '86 (nearly as old as I am), done a lot to keep it running through the years, especially with starter motor and carburetor work. 

I'm also working on a 1993 Suzuki QuadRunner 300 for a friend.  Seems original carb was MIA so he bought one online, put a 120 main jet in and then asked if I could help - still running bad.  So I'm here asking if anyone has the specs for idle screw turns, float height and valve adjustment specs.  Looking to download the service manual soon from here when I'm able to.  I've cleaned out the carb and reassembled it, it had some assembly errors, and so far got it to start and idle fairly well, bit unstable, and it drives good but tends to stumble when starting out with light throttle, and then when releasing the throttle sometimes it dies.  Think I'm getting close to having it dialed in.  Also have to look at the rear brakes, pedal goes through the floor and no braking at all.  Everything else appears pretty good, even the speedometer works.

Thanks in advance to everyone, cheers!~

Bellarmine

• 1 month later...

Hi Bender, I got my friend's KingQuad all dialed in, brakes fixed, now starts and runs great, he's happy.  Could you give me some symptoms of your own, and I'll see what I can figure out.  I have found in the past that spark problems are very much on or off like a light switch - it either works or not.  Much more common is fuel problems.  Cheers!~  Bellarmine

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.
    • By Gwbarm
      I Ran across this video today comparing an aftermarket to OEM Carb on Suzuki Vinson, thought it might generate some interest, it is quite long but informative.

• By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn.