Quantcast

New to the forum

On 7/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, SilverLaker said:

New here too, I own 5 atvs right now with a project I'm starting for the kids. A "Barn find" Kawasaki bayou 220. Hasnt run in 10 years and it will be a father son project. Looking forward to sharing and getting advice and help with things.  

That's an awesome project to do with a kid

I'm not really to great with the fourms, but quick update. We pulled off the air box and emptied the mouse nest....little buggers deatroyed the foam filter. Pulled carb cleaned and re installed. Put a bunch of two stroke oil in the cylinder the night before let it soak. Quad has a manual pull, so gently pulled it over no issues at all.

Oil change.....and added gas and battery

The thing started first pull! Still have a ton of work ahead but it was encouraging to hear it run! 

• Like 1

Hi,

New here. Actually I'm fairly new to working on bikes. I've got some experience with engines (and usually a quick study), but I inherited a Yamaha Moto 4 200 a couple years ago when my dad passed. 

My dream is to fix it up and have it running like it did years ago. Only problem is that he parked it on a camping/hunting property and didn't move it for 20 years. Engine still seems fine (pulls free, good compression, etc). The issue is going to be the back end that froze up. 

I plan on it being quite the challenge, and would have probably walked away from it, but it's one of only a few things I acquired from the ol man. You all know how that goes with sentimental things and what not. 

On top of that, I've also got a few other bikes I've acquired recently and am looking to get greasy, dirty and a bit bruised (knuckles and body). Lol. 

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone as I attempt this journey. 

I do have one general question, though. Is the app/site limited to just quads, or are there topics on all types of off road toys (from 2 to 4 wheels)?

Hey Ichabod,

I have an 1988 moto 4 200, spent a ton of time on it....long story but running well today. A lot of parts for these are no longer available. I do have a pdf copy of the service manual. I have no idea if its cool to share it on the site or not. Keep me on the loop happy ro share any knowledge that I have. Just replaced front shocks on mine with off shore units, they work fine. Anyways good luck and look forward to updates. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:21 AM, SilverLaker said:

Hey Ichabod,

I have an 1988 moto 4 200, spent a ton of time on it....long story but running well today. A lot of parts for these are no longer available. I do have a pdf copy of the service manual. I have no idea if its cool to share it on the site or not. Keep me on the loop happy ro share any knowledge that I have. Just replaced front shocks on mine with off shore units, they work fine. Anyways good luck and look forward to updates. 

Edited by Admin
Moved file to downloads section

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for responding so late. My wife had some health issues recently and everything else went to the wayside. She's doing better now, and I just realized that I had this new Quad app I had forgotten I set up an account for! 😂😂

I just want to say, SilverLaker, that you are a Godsend! Thank you so much! I've been looking everywhere for the service manual (not just a generic one for multiple models) and haven't seemed to have much luck with it. I can't express how amazing you are for this!

Whether we're supposed to share stuff like that on here, I'm not sure, but I won't tell if you won't. 😂 Actually, now that you graced me with this gift of mana, they'll have to tear it from my cold dead hands (or, dead phone to be precise) before I give it up. Lol. 

Once I get caught up with my To Do Lists (my own and the obligatory Honey-Do-List) that I feel behind on, I'm gonna start tearing up the Moto. I can't wait! If the stars align, I might even be able to get the best running and take a trail trip before winter sets in (Michigan be a frigid bi*** when November comes). 😂😂😂

Yeah . . Ive got a 96 fourtrax here of my bros. It runs fine +/- tuning and tweaking and some odds and ends repaired or fabbed up (theft recovery)

It has the opposite problem.

Ran it up my hill . . turned around . . ran it down the hill . . .

Almost ended in the ravine on the other side of the road . . .

The brakes worked fine for him . .  on flat ground.:huh:

Told him NO ONE was touching it til I got the brakes fixed.

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2022 at 9:52 AM, Ichabod said:

Sorry for responding so late. My wife had some health issues recently and everything else went to the wayside. She's doing better now, and I just realized that I had this new Quad app I had forgotten I set up an account for! 😂😂

I just want to say, SilverLaker, that you are a Godsend! Thank you so much! I've been looking everywhere for the service manual (not just a generic one for multiple models) and haven't seemed to have much luck with it. I can't express how amazing you are for this!

Whether we're supposed to share stuff like that on here, I'm not sure, but I won't tell if you won't. 😂 Actually, now that you graced me with this gift of mana, they'll have to tear it from my cold dead hands (or, dead phone to be precise) before I give it up. Lol. 

Once I get caught up with my To Do Lists (my own and the obligatory Honey-Do-List) that I feel behind on, I'm gonna start tearing up the Moto. I can't wait! If the stars align, I might even be able to get the best running and take a trail trip before winter sets in (Michigan be a frigid bi*** when November comes). 😂😂😂

I'm so happy to be able to help out. I know sometimes it can be so frustratung trying to find a good service manual. I have been busy here too with kids hockey etc. And havent spent much time on my projects either. Let me know if there is anything you need help with on your machine, if its something I have encountered I may be able to offer some advice. 

Glad to help out and I'm looking forward to  some updates on your Moto4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...