Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

New to the forum

New here too, I own 5 atvs right now with a project I'm starting for the kids. A "Barn find" Kawasaki bayou 220. Hasnt run in 10 years and it will be a father son project. Looking forward to sharing and getting advice and help with things.  

On 7/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, SilverLaker said:

New here too, I own 5 atvs right now with a project I'm starting for the kids. A "Barn find" Kawasaki bayou 220. Hasnt run in 10 years and it will be a father son project. Looking forward to sharing and getting advice and help with things.  

That's an awesome project to do with a kid

I'm not really to great with the fourms, but quick update. We pulled off the air box and emptied the mouse nest....little buggers deatroyed the foam filter. Pulled carb cleaned and re installed. Put a bunch of two stroke oil in the cylinder the night before let it soak. Quad has a manual pull, so gently pulled it over no issues at all.

Oil change.....and added gas and battery

The thing started first pull! Still have a ton of work ahead but it was encouraging to hear it run! 

Hi,

New here. Actually I'm fairly new to working on bikes. I've got some experience with engines (and usually a quick study), but I inherited a Yamaha Moto 4 200 a couple years ago when my dad passed. 

My dream is to fix it up and have it running like it did years ago. Only problem is that he parked it on a camping/hunting property and didn't move it for 20 years. Engine still seems fine (pulls free, good compression, etc). The issue is going to be the back end that froze up. 

I plan on it being quite the challenge, and would have probably walked away from it, but it's one of only a few things I acquired from the ol man. You all know how that goes with sentimental things and what not. 

On top of that, I've also got a few other bikes I've acquired recently and am looking to get greasy, dirty and a bit bruised (knuckles and body). Lol. 

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone as I attempt this journey. 

I do have one general question, though. Is the app/site limited to just quads, or are there topics on all types of off road toys (from 2 to 4 wheels)?

Hey Ichabod,

I have an 1988 moto 4 200, spent a ton of time on it....long story but running well today. A lot of parts for these are no longer available. I do have a pdf copy of the service manual. I have no idea if its cool to share it on the site or not. Keep me on the loop happy ro share any knowledge that I have. Just replaced front shocks on mine with off shore units, they work fine. Anyways good luck and look forward to updates. 

moto 4 manual.pdfmoto 4 manual.pdfmoto 4 manual.pdf

On 7/31/2022 at 12:21 AM, SilverLaker said:

Hey Ichabod,

I have an 1988 moto 4 200, spent a ton of time on it....long story but running well today. A lot of parts for these are no longer available. I do have a pdf copy of the service manual. I have no idea if its cool to share it on the site or not. Keep me on the loop happy ro share any knowledge that I have. Just replaced front shocks on mine with off shore units, they work fine. Anyways good luck and look forward to updates. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DaDolt
      So, I found myself in the only 5' deep water hole in Moab with the King Quad. Before I could get off it swallowed water at idle and died. The river water was not very clean. I pulled the plug and pumped the water out of it with the starter. I cranked on it and it popped for a second and then was done. Towed it back to the trailer. When I got home I checked the compression and it had none. I have a factory service manual. Disassembled and found the rings stuck in the piston lands. New rings and back together. I try to start it and get a C12 code CKP - crank position sensor. Troubleshoot and find it to be shorted. Installed aftermarket CKP, still get code. Check voltage on new CKP and only get 4.5V, manual calls for 5V minimum. Pulled every connector apart on vehicle and cleaned. Have continuity from CKP sensor side of connector to ECM harness. Install a known good ECM from another 2005 KQ I have. Vehicle fires and I let it run for 10 minutes. Shut it down and put the original ECM in and get a C12 code again and won't fire. Put the known good ECM back in and get C12 and no fire. Tested both ECM's in the other KQ and runs well on both ECM's. Installed a used stator and CKP. Still get a C12 code. Check used stator, 200 ohms and 6.5 V out of the CKP at the ECM harness. Checked ground at ECM harness and it is good. Checked spark with spark plug and without, none. Checked resistance and peak voltage on coil and it is in spec.
      This thing has me baffled. All of the electrical possibilities seem to check out. Might be far fetched, but could the rotor key have sheared when it shut down suddenly when the cylinder filled with water? I know rotary lawn mowers can shear the flywheel key when the blade stops suddenly from a rock or stump. If the key is sheared and the flywheel is out of time by a few degrees could this be giving the C12 code? The voltage output is correct but at the wrong crankshaft position (wrong time).
    • By Poirierjul84
      I would like to know how to replace the carburetor on Suzuki quadrunner lt250 1985 please. Someone can tell me where I can get diagram free please 
    • By QuadRunner
      I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose my 2008 King Quad 450 no start
      A couple days ago, after running for a few hours at low speeds (2-3mph wiping weeds), seat got hot, motor started to stumble, and we turned it off. Gave it a few minutes to cool down, turned on key, dash flickered, then lit up, I tried to start, but it did not turn over, dash died like the battery was dead.
      Quad acted like it was overheated, but I noticed a lot of heat coming from battery area. Checked battery voltage, showing 10.5 volts. 
      I had something similar happen last year, and it ended up being the regulator/rectifier. It killed the battery that time too.
      So, this time I pulled the battery, it stayed quite warm for over an hour. Put it on trickle overnight. Next day it showed over 12 volts. Took it to advance auto and had it tested. Bad cell. Bought new battery.
      Installed new battery. Now when trying to start, it seems normal, turns over, and begins to start, but immediately dies.
      I have ordered a new regulator/rectifier that will get here tomorrow. But today, I pulled the regulator and tested it according to the service manual. Ran a diode test using my multi-meter between all the pins on the regulator. They were all within range according to the service manual.
      Unplugged stator, and tested it. Showing 1.9 ohms between all pins. This is out of range. Should be .1-1.0 according to manual. However, I have a brand new spare stator, and that one also reads 1.9 ohms. I'm guessing my multi-meter is the problem?
      Used a paper clip to jump pins and put the dash into "dealer mode". Shows C00. No codes.
      Last time the regulator failed, I was able to remove the negative battery cable and do a leak test with the multi-meter. I observed a voltage leak, and when I unplugged the regulator, it would stop leaking. This made it clear to me that the regulator was the problem. This time, no voltage leak. Also, last time the regulator failed, it would still run fine with a new battery, it just wouldn't charge. Now it won't stay running for more than a second. I'm thinking this could be something else. Any ideas?

• By texasgator41
      i have a 2021 4wheeler and i just wrecked it, but i don’t have insurance on it. repairs are going to be in the thousands. is it possible that i can put it in the insurance and make a claim in a timely manner? i know it’s a wicked thing to do but i need help. 

• eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

• By oxidized_black
      these are what i have in my collection ... always looking for more
      1999 - 2004 Can-Am All Line service manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/4269188252/1999%20-%202004%20Can-Am%20All%20Line%20Service%20Manual.zip
      2003 Can-Am Rally 200 service manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/1466175272/2003%20Can-Am%20Rally%20200%20Service%20Manual.zip
      2006 Can-Am Bombardier Outlander Series 400 & 800 Shop Manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/1526634762/2006%20Can-Am%20%20Bombardier%20Outlander%20Series%20400%20%26%20800%20Shop%20Manual.pdf
      2006 Can-Am 400 & 800 Outlander service manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/906874897/2006%20Can-Am%20400%20%26%20800%20Outlander%20Service%20Manual.pdf
      2006 Can-Am 400 ATV Motor Shop Manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/1087506035/2006%20Can-Am%20400%20ATV%20Motor%20Shop%20Manual.pdf
      2006 Can-Am 800 ATV Motor Shop Manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/3209628612/2006%20Can-Am%20800%20ATV%20Motor%20Shop%20Manual.pdf
      2007 - 2008 Can-Am Renegade 500 & 800 / Outlander 500-650-800 service manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/2295042057/2007%20-%202008%20Can-Am%20Renegade%20500-800~Outlander%20500-650-800%20Service%20Manual.pdf
      2008 Can-Am DS450 Shop Manual
      http://rapidshare.com/files/938708221/2008%20Can-Am%20DS450%20Shop%20Manual.pdf
      DS450X Specs
      http://rapidshare.com/files/1642152510/DS450X%20Specs.pdf
  • Gallery Images