Quantcast

2006 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force Fuel shutoff

coolcooch

Does anyone know if a 2006 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force has a fuel shutoff. Mine sits for months on end, if it had a fuel shutoff it would save me a lot of grief if I could run the fuel out of the carbs. Any help with this would be much appreciated..,. Thanks!! Yes, it's the same guy that has problems with the stuck float...lol

You can add one to the line to the carbs. Quick search just  showed 2 electric settings for the fuel pump -On and Prime- with no shut off valve.. If  your quad is going to be laid up  for an extended period  you could disconnect the fuel hose and use the prime position to pump the fuel tank dry to  prevent sludge build up  in it  from  the gas rotting in storage.  To simply  run the carbs out  without installing a shutoff valve  you could wire a switch into the power line to the fuel pump to  turn  it off when you want to run the carbs out.

• Like 1

Fuel might still get through the pump, if it's centrifugal say, and so a tap is still best. If it has a tap it's probably because it needs it.

If it's got a prime position on the tap though, it suggests the tap is vacuum controlled. As long as it's left on run or reserve positions it will close off when the motor stops. The prime position is for after it's been dry of fuel. To save cranking a lot you put it on prime and it flows straight through.. If left on prime the engine could flood if left sitting.

There's a manual for download I see..

Thanks Dave....if I can find the power line for the fuel pump I believe that's going to be the easiest way for me to solve the problem. 

20 hours ago, davefrombc said:

You can add one to the line to the carbs. Quick search just  showed 2 electric settings for the fuel pump -On and Prime- with no shut off valve.. If  your quad is going to be laid up  for an extended period  you could disconnect the fuel hose and use the prime position to pump the fuel tank dry to  prevent sludge build up  in it  from  the gas rotting in storage.  To simply  run the carbs out  without installing a shutoff valve  you could wire a switch into the power line to the fuel pump to  turn  it off when you want to run the carbs out.

Thanks Dave....much appreciated

20 hours ago, davefrombc said:

ad

1 hour ago, coolcooch said:

Thanks Dave....if I can find the power line for the fuel pump I believe that's going to be the easiest way for me to solve the problem. 

Thanks Dave....much appreciated

I was assuming the fuel tank is below the carbs. If it is above it is likely the carbs could still fill slowly by gravity feed.  Didn't think of that when I mentioned a switch on the fuel pump.  Before going that route , try disconnecting the fuel  pump,  run  motor out , wait   several  minutes and try starting it. If it starts the valve inline is the only way to go .  You can get inline shut offs . They only require cutting the line in a convenient spot to  splice in.

ad

• Admin changed the title to 2006 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force Fuel shutoff