Quantcast

IGNITION PROBLEM MASSIMO 500 2015

bunchy
Go to solution Solved by bunchy,

Are you sure it's meant to have power to it all the time ? Does it perhaps have a permanent earth ?

Some engines have power going to the injector all the time the key is on, and then the ecu earths the injector momentarily when they want it to inject. Other systems though have a permanent earth, and then the ecu sends a momentary voltage to the injector when they want it to inject. Perhaps this is one of the latter..

Do you have the service manual for this thing ?

And.. what is a massimo ? Is that a make, or a model of quad ?  Is it a quad ? haha..  I've never heard of that before.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mech said:

Are you sure it's meant to have power to it all the time ? Does it perhaps have a permanent earth ?

Some engines have power going to the injector all the time the key is on, and then the ecu earths the injector momentarily when they want it to inject. Other systems though have a permanent earth, and then the ecu sends a momentary voltage to the injector when they want it to inject. Perhaps this is one of the latter..

Do you have the service manual for this thing ?

And.. what is a massimo ? Is that a make, or a model of quad ?  Is it a quad ? haha..  I've never heard of that before.

Thanks for your response Massimo is a Brand Name 4X4 UTV, before I started having a problem I installed a new injector at that time if I turned engine over injector would spray fuel but now it will not. I do not have a service manual.

Well I haven't found a service manual, but that site has an owners manual for it which has a bit of trouble shooting suggestions. Unfortunatly the owners manual doesn't have a wiring diagram.. But, since the problem has only arisen since you did some work on it.. I'd suspect it's something you've done..

So, first thing would be to check that a wire hasn't broken where it goes into the injectors plug. Best way would be to trace the colour of the wire back to the ecu, and then use an ohm gauge to test from one end of the wire(from the ecu), to the other end(the injectors terminals inside the plug). If you can't trace the wire, use a pin and poke it into the injector wire a little way back from the plug and check from the pin to the injectors plug. That's just checking that there is continuity through the wire and into the terminal itself. You should do a similar sort of trace and test of the earth wire too.

Try that and let us know how that goes, and I'll see if I can find a wiring diagram or service manual.

There are a few other things we should check..  After you changed the injector did you bleed the air out of the lines by turning the key on and off several times ? And, are you really sure there's no power, or are you just assuming that because a new injector isn't doing what it should ?

If you put a finger lightly on the injector, can you feel it click/pulse when you crank the engine over ? It's only a very slight click you will feel, use a light finger. If the engine was running, you'd be able to feel the injector make a click as it injected.. cranking it over might make the engine shake too much to be able to feel it but it would be a good idea to check that if we can if it's only the lack of fuel that you are sure about..  Perhaps the injector is getting the power, but it needs bleeding, or it might be faulty.. It happens occasionally !

Try and verify there is fuel to the injector, loosen the coupling perhaps. And try to feel for the click.. If you took the injector out again you'd feel the click.. but it's a bit of a fire risk.. Be careful.

On 11/26/2022 at 10:24 PM, Mech said:

Yes Sir

On 11/27/2022 at 8:35 PM, Mech said:

Well I haven't found a service manual, but that site has an owners manual for it which has a bit of trouble shooting suggestions. Unfortunatly the owners manual doesn't have a wiring diagram.. But, since the problem has only arisen since you did some work on it.. I'd suspect it's something you've done..

So, first thing would be to check that a wire hasn't broken where it goes into the injectors plug. Best way would be to trace the colour of the wire back to the ecu, and then use an ohm gauge to test from one end of the wire(from the ecu), to the other end(the injectors terminals inside the plug). If you can't trace the wire, use a pin and poke it into the injector wire a little way back from the plug and check from the pin to the injectors plug. That's just checking that there is continuity through the wire and into the terminal itself. You should do a similar sort of trace and test of the earth wire too.

Try that and let us know how that goes, and I'll see if I can find a wiring diagram or service manual.

Thank you sir will do

• Solution
On 11/27/2022 at 9:00 PM, Mech said:

According to the owners manual if there is an electrical fault the dash will flash..  Is it flashing ?

This is a twin cylinder right ?  So does one injector squirt ? Did you change both injectors ? 

No sir its a single cylinder

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 8:35 PM, Mech said:

MECH PROBLEM SOLVED thanks so much for your help turned out to be a bad wire going to injector and dirty electrical plugs and/or not all plugged in all the way.

Merry Christmas

thank you so much