Quantcast

2006 Yamaha Raptor 350 Slapping/knocking upon trying to start

Donaldhang92

Hi, I am new to the forum I bought a 2006 raptor 350 I test drove it. It ran decent but thought it was just due to the cold, after I got at home I rode it around and it would just die out/ lose power upon letting off from heavy acceleration or down shifting, it will just lose power and die out, I took carburetor apart cleaned it pretty well, it ran a little better at first then 1 minute into test ride she died again. Now I’m back to my shop and try to start it again and I’m left with a crazy slapping clicking noise I’ve never heard before. Let me know if you have heard this or know of the answer to my problems thanks ! 

• Admin changed the title to 2006 Yamaha Raptor 350 Slapping/knocking upon trying to start

I don't know those things but if it's a two stroke I'd pull the exhaust off and have a look in through the exhaust port at the piston.. looking for scoring or signs of overheating seizing. That might be the cause of your noise.

I'd also undo the drain screw on the bottom of the carby and check the fuel flow is adequate. If there is plenty of fuel getting through and the piston looks ok, then I'd take the carb off again and strip it entirely and clean all it's jets and drillings, and check the manifold for splits if it's a rubber one, or missing gaskets or O rings if it's a metal manifold.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV  
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s

• By dalton7545
      ive had an account for years.   cand dowload a manual tho   havent posted enought so here is a post