Quantcast

2005 Polaris Predator CDI box

davestrans

Have you tried looking the part up online yet, and comparing part numbers, or, some sites will tell you what else any part number you look up also fits, what other models it does.. I'd try that first.

You might need to try a few parts places and browse around clicking on things in their parts diagrams and price lists to find a site that does give that advice about options. Quite a few of them do it though.

Ok. Well the part numbers aren't the absolute full story. Depending on the make the part numbers can be different for different years or models but the parts still fit. That is real common.

Looking online I see..

https://www.partzilla.com/product/polaris/3089613?ref=4f8a0516c6c0d49b80290ca402ca261857d174b7  and...

https://www.partzilla.com/product/polaris/4011668?ref=24ab7c1ce421cbc1350a2766583a74ecc6c8e53e

And both show other models the parts fit, and, they both fit a 2007 outlaw 525, which means the parts are the same even though they have different part numbers.

I'd better put a little disclaimer in here..  haha..  Check it's your model bike, and, I have no idea whether Partzilla is a reliable source of information or whether they know what they are talking about. I'd have preferred to find a genuine polaris dealer but I found partzilla and figured they should know.

If you don't trust partzilla, try to find a dealer that supplies the cross reference feature. If the two different years and model parts can also fit some other model in common, they the parts are interchangeable.

Edited by Mech

It's a possibility another cdi unit could effect the running, but I doubt it will be by much if those models are both utility work recreational models, not race, and they all have either belt drive, or multi speed gearboxes. They have to be similar models.

Also though, there are dozens of different models, partzilla only claimed a few, about six or seven models, as it being interchangable for.. I take that to mean it's not suitable for other models. I'm no polaris guy but I think that if model specs are correct, and then the pictures of the bike in that parts list show up like your bike, (and you could explore other pictures like the drive system or the bodywork if you want to confirm it's the right model), then the other year and model can be taken to be right too.

I've bought lots of parts like this and it's nearly always possible to cross reference things and check every thing agrees. You could find another outfit selling parts, and run the same two part checks and see if they tell you what other parts it fits..  Both sites should we hope agree.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By Ajmboy
      Starting a new topic for the 2024 Presidential Elections. Please be respectable with open discussion 🙂.
      Wikipedia (See who has entered the race):
      2024 United States presidential election
      2024 Presidential Polls: 
      RealClearPoltics
      FiveThirtyEight
      270toWin Interactive Map

Previous topics (now closed):
      2020 Presidential Election Discussion Thread
      2016 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

• By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By alexwv1863
      I have a 2016 Arctic Cat 500 and recently noticed some oil leaking on the engine block to the right of the oil filter. It's near two metal lines going in and out of the engine block. I think one of the lines is called an engine oil line. I have a photo I'm going to try and attach. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to start tearing into the engine if I don't have to. I think maybe a gasket or something blew around one of these lines. The ATV runs fine otherwise. Doesn't overheat or anything.