Quantcast

Rear Bearings

Ok here goes the book Im about to write.

I bought a 02 raptor 660 and the rear end was squeaking very bad. I took out the rear axle and noticed that the bearings in the rear are all tore up, there are only about 10 balls rolling around throughout the whole casing. Yes, you are right they are not in the bearing housing but in the center. I hear a lot about carrier bearings and Im wondering if the bearings that I am replacing are the carrier bearings or if there in another inside the housing because there is a small pipe inside the housing. The balls have wedged in the center where that pipe is and made grooves in it. Will this be OK to just replace the bearings and seals and ignore the groves on the inside around the pipe? Also, does anyone have any advice on how to pull these bearings and seals out of this because it is pretty bad, there was not even the center metal left on the bearings.

You rock! That worked.

To put them back in do I have to do anything special? Grease it on the way in? I suppose just tap it lightly to get it in. Then the seal? Just tap it in? Anything need to go in the seal?

Now I need to figure out if I can use this thing still. What is the pipe inside the housing? Does it matter if the edge of it is all messed up as long as the middle part where it touches the housing is ok?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By jashadams
      So I installed a new shock on my 125 yesterday sadly it wasn't adjusted right I took it off to adjust it tried to install it again today and it no longer fits I loosened the nuts on the spring again and it still won't fit idk what I'm doing wrong when I try to install it but I'm lost any tips or videos would be great thanks.
    • By justent_88
      Hello, im looking for some input on this situation i have. My 94 Mojave has no spark, and i have no idea what it is. Ive replaced/tested the magneto, the pickup coil, cdi, the ignition coil. Even the key and Killswitch. I haven't tested the harness its self, but i have tried another harness and still nothing. The only thing i can think of is the fly wheel itself. I have found a lot of metal shavings in the fly wheel and have cleaned it the best I could. But nothing happened afterwards. I am truly stumped here and hoping some of yous could shed some knowledge/ideas that could help get this thing to fire. 
    • By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By McG75
      Sorry I suck at these forums so if you see this submitted under update status, my bad. Anyhow this is a new shock for a 96 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 it fits my 96 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4 perfectly. Little narrower are the bottom than the original but everything else is perfect. I extended it to almost a half in from full extension because I’m pushing 350 pounds.  It rides and hold me well. So if any of y'allRace driven shock. have been looking for one and didn’t want to do the research here it is. 

• By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance.