Quantcast

Killer ATVs- Orgonian Article

After I read read this I had to register so I could comment. I guess the have to approve my comment before its posted. If you do decide to post a comment, please keep it clean and intelligent. The first one or two replies kinda make us look like idiots. Especially jtusk's reply. LOL. http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianatv/20...ppen_why_a.html Heres more. OregonLive.com: ATV I guess it pisses me off when people who dont even ride are suddenly ATV experts. The way they described DuneFest last year kinda got to me. "The wildest ATV party of the year"? I was there. It wasnt wild. There were thousands of people there and I only saw one or two incidents in the 5 days I was there. The ATV industry and their poor design? Give me a break. We all know there is a risk of injury when riding. We choose to take that risk. How many members here have been hurt on your quad or at least had an accident? Probably most of you guys at one time or another. Now, how many of you would blame it on the quad? Poor design? LOL. I know my accidents (and there have only been a small handful out of the hundreds of times I been riding) were due to Mikey error not Honda's "Poor design". We have to take a stand guys. Any of you here in the Portland area who have been watching the news know we have been getting slammed the last couple days after a recent ATV fatality. Not sure about the details on that one. I think some woman (my condolances to her family) was riding sideways on a hill with a passenger? And it rolled? Imagine that. Yeah, the engineers at Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc better hurry up and get workin on that one.

It's sad that we can no longer find news... it has to be swayed by some idiot expert who just happens to have an opinion and the means to spread it as if the opinion, not the news, was the news. That's all I got out of the article. Congrats to Mr. Jeff Manning who hopefully furthered his career with idiotic reporting. Bravo.

It is nice to see some of the comments bashing the article on the site.... but then there are those that act as if "only I knew this before." Come on now. Seriously.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Suzukiquad
      I have a 97 Yamaha Timberwolf and it is beyond loud, is there any good options to silence them or at least make them bare able to drive. I know it has a crack in the exhaust pipe, but even with that fixed its still loud. 
    • By jashadams
      Hey all back again with my 1989 moto 4 250.
      After putting a new carb on it it's really sputtery, it has new gas and I'm wondering what to tune on the carb to make it idle better. I've attached a video to describe the issue more. The bike is still work in progress but I think the video gets the point across. Thanks!
      Snapchat-1142015191.mp4
    • By huntindog
      I am in the process of puting it back together after replacing the DPS gearbox.
      The manual I have states that it will need to be flashed by a dealer. Is this still true?
      Also , I have a mystery bolt That I cannot remember where it goes. M6x 70 or so.  Hex head with a flat washer.I will try to attach a pic.
      Pic is no go for now....Cox issue I will try again later
      TIA