Quantcast

Brand new Sector 550 blubbering, bogging

Clydaho

I just bought a 2022 Sector 550, it has 22 miles on it.  Driving down a flat gravel road for 2 miles, and it starts blubbering and missing.  Then it catches and runs fine for a bit, then starts blubbering again.  Then I went up the neighbors steep driveway and it blubbered and then ran Ok, then blubbered again, then ran ok, then blubbered again, I wasn't sure I'd make it.

Got home, let it cool down and then recreated the trip.  Two miles of level gravel road, then it started blubbering again.  Didn't try the neighbors driveway.  Didn't want to have to walk home.

It seems as if when it reaches a certain temp it starts acting up.  It isn't getting hot, gauge reads good.  

Any ideas?  Years ago a Polaris snowmobile was acting up like this and the temperature sensor wire was loose.  That is not the case here.

It seems like an "Ignition Interuptis" scenario, but not sure where to look.

Fuel?  New machine with new gas?  That shouldn't be it.  

Probably going to take it back to the dealer tomorrow, but am hoping to get any ideas from you Hisun guys.

Any ideas???

Thanks for the help.

Clydaho

Water in the fuel.

I refilled the tank with fresh gas, added Sta-bil and heet.  Ran it up and down the road and cleared it up. 

I think it was sitting at the dealer for a year, hence the moisture in the gas.

Running like it's supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another possible scenario that some Hisun Sector owners will run into is the seat belt governor. If seat belts are not fastened, the vehicle will not go over a few miles an hour and it will buck and hesitate like there is fuel starvation or an ignition issue. It took me a long time to find any documentation on this. However, I did find a sticker on the left side roll cage that provides a warning.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By dalton7545
      ive had an account for years.   cand dowload a manual tho   havent posted enought so here is a post
    • By Clydaho
      2022 Sector 550, 414 miles on it and the gas gauge reads empty.  I topped off the gas and it didn't change.
      There is no fuse that I could find.  No access at the gauge cluster.
      Wiring on the top of the tank looks good, properly connected.
      Could the sending unit in the tank be stuck or broken?
      Has anybody removed the tank lid?  Any tricks?  
      Any other ideas?
      Thanks for any help,
      Clyde
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 (clone of a Yamaha Rhino 660) that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By skittle021
      Anyone know where to buy an ECU for a 2018 Hisun Tactic 550? All I can find online are the UTV variants.