Quantcast

Best Honda 200m performance mods ?

I have owned my 84 Honda 200m for years now and I am wanting to see what i could do to upgrade horsepower , speed , performance , power etc and do it safely and not cause future harm to the engine.

I was thinking on getting a 200x piston, will this work and give a good power increase ?  I have heard people have done this in the past and it works great. and i was also thinking on a 200x cam , will the 200x cam fit in this engine and make a difference also does it require the upgrading of any other parts and will i have to run 91 octane instead of 87 ? has anybody run this setup before and got good results ?

I was also gonna go with a 200x carb but not sure if i have to buy an intake to hook it up or will it just bolt onto the 200m intake and fit fine ?

If anyone has any suggestions and advice on what i could do it would be greatly appreciated ! thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen similar things done as such but not that old of a machine,if cam did fit you might have to do some filing as to piston. Jugs and pistons must match for correct ring gap,piston might fit in old jug but wouldn't allow rings to be properly seated,then before you do upgrades on top end make sure to chk bottom end I've seen cranks and rods twist, brake ,ect but other than that nothing ventured nothing gained learning what could be is half the venture.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV  
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By p5200
      I'm assuming, it's alright to test the engine after adjusting valves without the rear axle installed? Can someone please verify this? I'm waiting on axle parts and wanting to get that done while waiting. Thanks! 🙂
    • By p5200
      I added more fresh gas it sat one day now, it's acting up again. Before cleaning out carburetor it wouldn't idle good and had gas leaks from carburetor. Now it idles pretty good but, if I increase throttle speed at a certain amount it starts missing bad. I'm going to try and post a short video. Just about ready to give up on this thing.😒  you can see reflection perking in video.

20240217_114429.mp4
    • By Gwbarm
      My Yamaha Big Bear shifts through all the gears good, goes into reverse smoothly, but when i go to get out of reverse it takes a lot of effort to get it back to first gear, and even then it does not go very smoothly, have to pull up on the pedal really hard, anyone else ever had this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.