Quantcast

700XX test video

BuckBilly

• 10 years later...

So, I just bought a 2008 trx 700XX in perfect shape off of marketplace locally. It had a couple upgrades I guess when got it. A power commander (FMF) and full FMF titanium exhaust. I was so pumped to get it home and try her out because a: it was kept up very meticulously and b: after reading honda's spec sheet advertising the stock top speed of 83mph. Needless to say, It won't go anywhere near 80 mph. Although it'll pick the front end up in just about every gear. Has anyone done any modding to this atv and if so, what is the best mods for the bike? Don't let me give the wrong impression though. This is one bad as* bike! I freakin love it !

20190209_001949.jpg

20190209_002006.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking bike.  Time for some new tires it looks! That Honda bike has always been one of my favorites. All though I love my 4x4’s that bike is my bike of choice for a sport bike. I’ve never heard of the trx 700xx model though. Trx yes but the xx?    I don’t  see it getting to 80 mph but I bet it gets close.  Good luck with it and ride safe.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Buell
      Hey guys, figure you guys would have some helpful direction or answers.
      So, 05 Sportsman 700 carb, new carb, fuel pump, new plugs, new air filter, new everything I can think of that is usually the running issues. Starts up fine, seems to run fine, but if under load, two people, or even one person, up a hill, or pulling a drag chain for the driveway, it starts to cut out and sputters and loses all power, until I back off on the throttle and just barely try to let itself catch itself and then I can take off again.
      I am going crazy trying to figure this thing out. Other than that, the quad runs great. Parents bought bran new, just used around the property, 5000 miles on it. Any ideas???
    • By Johnnyhorsepower
      I finally found an awsome app for your phone that shows you on a map all the trails near your location. You can read or add reviews, look at picts...etc
      Its called: atv escape

John
    • By speely31
      Currently working on a 1992 Yamaha Big Bear 350 that idles perfect but cuts out with any kind of throttle. We replaced carburetor and head to carburetor boot. 
      Put in a new spark plug, the old one was black as hell, unsure if it was caused by old carburetor or current misfire. This problem similar to the rev limiter you see on newer models when
      differential is locked or in reverse. I don't think this machine has that feature but I could be wrong? I suspect an ignition component is breaking down but at the moment I don't have access to a wiring diagram or workshop manual but I'm working on that. Are the e-manuals any good?
      Any ideas?
    • By Tiffany Rowland
      I bought an 07 honda trx400ex for my daughter 11th birthday. I've been having alot of fun fixing it up but after reading some of the posts about safety I think I may have gotten a little carried away. I put an exhaust on that added 10hp, a k&n performance filter, new carb, a stage 3 rev box and coil, and I wrapped the exhaust. The top speed started out at 92mph and we're well above that now. My main concern, though, is low end throttle. Is there any way I can do something thate will decrease the rate of acceleration without taking off the modifications I've done? She's super cautious and won't go over 10mph but I'm worried that she may have a hard time controlling it after these last few upgrades. 
    • By stinky
      I have an Outlaw 110 that will struggle to turn the engine over. Jump starting doesn't help other than the battery will drain LONG before the bike eventually starts, so is required. If you keep messing with it long enough it will eventually magically begin to crank fine and sometimes finally start. Once we finally get the bike to start and warm it up thoroughly, it will turn over and start just fine the rest of the day like nothing ever happened... next day it won't turn over again.  Internet research has found lots of people saying they replaced starters, starter clutch, wiring, etc. but with only about 50/50 success rate for their particular problems... and I never found anybody describing a problem like mine, so I'm looking for advice/experience. Would rather not just start blindly throwing parts at it. Does anybody have any thoughts/ideas?