Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

YFZ450

Yamaha YFZ450 motors

I just got done fixing/Welding the bottom end of my old yfz case, where i hot a jump and came down on the shifter and bent the shaft and it took a big chunk of the case off when i landed and oil was coming out everywhere, well to ge to the point the yfz450 cases are made of really super clean cast/aluminum there easy to weld, the hole i had to weld went from nothing upto 1/4 wide, and it went half way around where the shifter shaft comes out, so if you can weld aluminum its really easy because the metal is so clean,just make sure you clean the area your about to wled really good before welding, and if you live in the Ohio Valley (OH,WV,PA) area and need your motor or anything welded E-mail me at [email protected]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1998 Bayou 300 4x4 Rear Shaft Boot/Seal

Hi all,  I purchased this quad from Craigslist somewhat against my better judgement due to the fact that the driveshaft boot was leaking oil.  I am assuming it is just the seal that needs replacement.  Does anyone know the part numbers for the seal and boot?  I am also trying to get a hold of a service manual for this so I am not going in blind! Thanks for your help!  

By Achilles, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 15 replies
    • 1985 Honda TRX250 shifter issues

I just bought two 1985 TRX250's from my father-in-law. One runs great, the other not so much. The one is having issues with the shifter. The shifter seems to be resting lower than normal. When I press the shifter downward, it just pops back up. Any thougjts as to what the issue might be?

By Flanstone, in Honda ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • 1996 Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4 shifter frozen

I have a 1996 Timberwolf with a stick shifter.  When I got it the previous owner told me it was a transmission issue.  He also said the starter went out.  I got it home and the battery was dry.  Changed plug, coil pack, filter and all fluids. I have it running well, but the shifter does not move. It is stuck in neutral. The reverse lever seems to be all the way to the front. Does anyone know where I should begin?

By Deañna, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • modding a Kolpin case mount for 2003 Recon

When hunting  I carry my rifle in a Kolpin or Flambeau case. My old Kolpin case won't fit any of the current mounts - so I made my own for it. The newer Kolpin case mount for the gun boot IV - the loop bracket,  carries way to high to suit me. A simple mod fits my Recon TRX250T, and puts the case down along side the footrest. A piece of bedframe angle iron about a foot long, brings the loop way down

By Tahj, in Hunting, Camping, & Outdoors Forum

• 0 replies
    • '06 Bruin 4x2 - broken drive shaft housing - options?

Hola from Costa Rica - I have an '06 Bruin 4x2, and yesterday the drive shaft housing broke, and I'm wondering if anyone's been through this before, and what are my options to repair it. The housing broke pretty cleanly, just before the differntial mounting plate, the big plate with the 4 bolts holding this part of the housing to the rear differential.  This caused the rear axle to pull away a little and drop the drive shaft connection.  Luckily I was going slow at the time and stopped ASAP to assess what happened. Since parts are hard to come by where I live, and 3-5x more expensive than in the US, I'm wondering if I can just have the housing welded back together.  This part of the housing looks to have been forged as one piece, and the break looks pretty clean.  I think I should be able to just re-engage the driveshaft to the differential, and weld the housing back together, probably with a little reinforcement around this section.  Apparently this part of the housing is not too heavy a gauge metal, but I think it should take a weld just fine without further damaging the housing. Any opinions, advice, suggestions, etc. welcomed! Pura vida, Ray

By Ray Moss, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 5 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By dyyjrr9
      I just got a 1991 Yamaha Moto 4 for my son and I am looking for a service repair manual. I know that the timing chain needs replaced.