Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

gt5094stang

Need help

ok guys need help tryin to figure this one out, pics of the bike are on the rebuild thread, but i just realized that its a four stroke and not a two stroke. Did they make 250's in four stroke form or is ithe bike a 230? (i was told by several people that its a 250 but still not sure)

Yes they made a 250 Quadsport, but the 250 Quadsport was first. The 250 Quadsport was to compete against the Honda 250X and Kawasaki Mojave. Both Quadsports were 4 strokes not to be confused with the 250 Quadracer, witch is a 2 stroke.

It appears what you have is a LT230 Quadsport. The LT230 were from the 85-88 best I can find but I really thought that they started earlier. The 250 Quadsports were made in the 89-90. They stopped making sport quads for awhile after 1992 which was the last year for the LT250R.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• early 2000s trail boss 325 4 stroke fuel issue

I wanted to ask this question before I pull this thing apart and dig into the carb. Very seldom used for a couple years but took it out the other day and it ran like crap. Blows black smoke on throttle (unburnt fuel) and sound like a multi cylinder engine with a misfire. Won't rev very high on full throttle but seems to be smooth at about 1/3 or less throttle. Choke doesn't seem to do anything and thinking perhaps it's stuck closed. If I turn off the fuel and let it run for a minute It will rev like normal under full throttle until it stalls out from no fuel but as soon as I open the fuel line again it goes right back to running rich/flooding.   Any help or ideas would be great. Trying to avoid tearing it apart and rebuilding the carb but the only thing I can think is the choke is stuck cause with the fuel off it will rev just fin seemingly as it's emptying the float bowl.

By Brian Haley, in General ATV Discussion

• 2 replies
    • The Official Good morning thread!

Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see if we can make this a daily event.

By BuckBilly, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 3,436 replies
    • Finally a fresh new 400 two stroke motor in a 1995 Polaris scrambler

I bought a 1995 Polaris scrambler 400l 4x4 out from under a pine tree here in northern Maine the only action it seen was a plow truck hit it twice in 9 years when I got it home I tore it down the starter and rewind was full of rusty mud cleaned the carburetor put a new plug 3.2 ounce bc oil gear case oil mustard bottle shot of gas in the cylinder wrapped a rope around the clutch and pulled wow sled motor right got about 20 hours of pure full throttle fun then I buried it in a little place we call fiddlehead run black mud that I swear locked up the tires on a Kawasaki brute and snapped a shaft I flew across the top anyways long story even longer I killed crank bearings complete engine rebuilt in my or I should say my wife's living room it was hard on her now its fleshly installed I ported and polished it new everything inside I want to out drag raptor 700's I hate guys that can't change a plug I want to keep the 4x4 but alot of weight also sprockets what's the best combination and my main jet should I change it and I want to know if I can add a nitrous kit to it does anyone know if it will take down a raptor 700 if not I'm gonna put an xc700 shortblock sled motor in it   

By Bobby Belmain, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Rancher 420 Rear end rebuild

My 07 Rancher rear end started roaring on me the other day. I took the inspection plug out this afternoon and to my dismay it was dry full of rusty nasty crap. The pinion was loose and the axle seal was pissing out oil when I tried to top it up. I bought it used and usually check stuff over better but I missed that.  Muuuhhh Now I gotta take it apart and fix it. Not gonna be expensive, just time consuming. Hopefully the gears aren't too torn up. I cleaned out the nasty crap with some brake-clean and put in some fresh gear oil. Much quieter now just leaks out all the gear oil cause the seals are shot. I'll fill it up with some lucas and limp it along till I feel like fixing it.

By Ahren Longo, in Honda ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Help rebuild my honda trx 200

Anybody that can give me advance on rebuilding my 1984 honda trx 200 fourtrax ive put it back together a couple time i had it running perfect once but forgot a clip so torn it down i put it all back together but doesnt seem to wanna run right idk if im doing something wroung or what

By Sam N Kevin Tear, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 3 replies