Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Delvis34

1986 Honda TRX 70 Rear End Disassenbly

does anyone know how to take apart the rear end of a 1986 Honda TRX 70 fourwheeler . I need to get the axle and brake system of so i can get the frame powder coated . I would greatly appreciate any help with this . My boys wont stop asking me when the fourwheeler is going to be done

If you can't figure it out by looking at it, you should get a manual. If you want, you can take some detailed pics of the rear end, specifically the part where the swingarm bolts to the frame. Post them here and I/we can try to give you some advice.

Undo the 17mm brake side axle nut ,(Right side while facing bars) remove the nut, then the washer, the wheel, then the depending on the unit the spacer, and "o"ring. (on some later units the spacer is held in by the outer brake shield) in either case, remove the brake shield (Three 10mm bolts) All items should slide off fairly easily from the shaft, there are no hidden clips that I know of. The brakes should now be exposed. if you are un-sure of what to do from this point, be sure to take plenty of pictures, as brakes are a handy thing to have.

Jim

Undo the 17mm brake side axle nut ,(Right side while facing bars) remove the nut, then the washer, the wheel, then the depending on the unit the spacer, and "o"ring. (on some later units the spacer is held in by the outer brake shield) in either case, remove the brake shield (Three 10mm bolts) All items should slide off fairly easily from the shaft, there are no hidden clips that I know of. The brakes should now be exposed. if you are un-sure of what to do from this point, be sure to take plenty of pictures, as brakes are a handy thing to have.

Jim

Great explanation!

*Moved this thread into the Honda technical forum and also change the title to: 1986 Honda TRX 70 Rear End Disassenbly