Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Has anyone bought an atv off of eBay? I've sold 2 on there. Want to know your experiences...

I bought a Kazuma 50 a few yrs back for my then 3yr old.....Brand new still in Crate....I didnt have them ship it as my dad was Close and picked it up for me....All in all....It was a good Experience....:cool:

Oh,,,,,I also sold a 200X Trike to a Guy in Ohio....Good Experience there also....I crated it in a Factory Honda 450 Quad Box and Honda loaded it on the Truck for the Fright Company the buyer Contracted with.....Good Experience there also....;)

I have purchased two atvs from Ebay. The first was for my son a Predator 90.

I didn't like purchasing it sight unseen but it turned out ok. I just bought an 88 LT205R.

It was listed on Ebay but I actually went and purchased it in person. I have generally had good experience with Ebay though.

Scott

I saw this online:

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

ATV Scam: Buyer Beware

Scam artists target unsuspecting ATV buyers

February 27/04

Written by Greg

When we're looking for a used quad, one of the best sources is our local Buy&Sell newspaper, which is also conveniently available online. Everyone's looking for a good deal, but our resident Scam Busters noticed some deals that appeared to be too good to be true.

The basic M.O. (modus operandi, or method of operation) of the scam is this:

The crook places an ad in an online publication, which means he can be located anywhere in the world.

The image has been stolen from an eBay ad or some other online source.

The asking price is well-below fair market value, supposedly because he has financial obligations requiring immediate attention.

The quad is not local to the publication (ie. it's in a different province).

The seller wants the money sent Western Union.

The seller will not give out his address or phone number, usually saying he "just moved" and doesn't know it, or that he's at work and cannot take calls.