Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

A Symbol for Responsible Motorized Recreationists

A Symbol for Responsible Motorized Recreationists
By Del & Stacie Albright

Stacie and I are tired of seeing turtles on the back windows of cars and trucks. The turtle represents (in many cases) the anti‐access attitude and philosophy. We’re sure you’ve seen them (they’re everywhere). We feel it’s time for us, motorheads, to have a symbol – a symbol for access for all, for motors in the backcountry, for responsible access. We’re starting an initiative to find that symbol. We want your help.

The turtle's shell resembled a dome and was seen as a symbol of the dome of heaven ‐hence heavenly virtue. Generally the turtle is seen to represent: self‐containment, creative source, earthiness, being grounded, longevity, protection, shelter, and a steady approach to life. For us, it means closures and restrictions from what we've seen.

So we feel we need a symbol (that can live right along your favorite organization stickers) that the world will begin to recognize as responsible recreation – access for all. 

We may not agree on what organizations to belong to. We may not agree on what lawsuits to file or not file. We may not agree on who’s on first or who’s in charge. But can’t we agree on one symbol that says: Responsible Access; Access for All; Motors in the Backcountry; Freedom to travel and recreate; No More Gates; etc.

This will be organization indifferent and all encompassing. This will not be a particular rig or type of vehicle. This could be an animal that we PROMOTE as representing us. This could be about anything that we can all stand behind as OUR symbol of OUR access and freedom.

So in order to develop this idea, we want your help. We hope you will jump in with your best thoughts, even those of you with Mohawks, cold ones in hand, pool parties, and other priorities. This is for all of us. Bring some smack down, help develop this into something we can all use, share and be proud of – oh, and if it also happens to unite us to some extent, then all the better.

Read the whole concept and suggested steps here:
http://www.delalbright.com/Access/symbol_access.html
Thanks, 
Del & Stacie, Kickin' Access Team

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By fishhouse3
      FOR SALE: 2021 CFMOTO ZForce 800 Trail with many extras and full warranty until 2027. Only 625 miles and 50 hours of use.
      In great condition, has a clean title and one adult owner. Has had all scheduled regular maintenance and has not been abused. Only used about six times on weekend trips to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV.
      Under full CFMOTO Care bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until 8/2027 (paid $1,600). Full service and tune up just completed with new clutch, drive shaft, belt, rollers, etc (paid $1500). Plus it comes with over $3,500 in upgrades and accessories! Way too many included items to list here (see last pics for full details).
      This machine is ready to go and needs nothing - just hop in and hit the trails!  I have over $20k invested in this machine. Priced VERY fair to sell quick at less than half that!!!
      $9,999 WITHOUT warranty -OR- $10,999 WITH full extended warranty until 8/2027.
      Located in Chesterfield, VA 23832. Message me for more pics and info!

• By StayTheTrail
      Hey everyone!
      Ya'll have been so great and welcoming to our new Ambassador program, we wanted to be sure that Quad Crazy was getting info directly from us about the Stay The Trail educational program too.
      The program was started in 2003 with the purpose of educating the public about responsible trail use and fostering a sense of stewardship among OHV enthusiasts.
      The "Where To Go" section of our website is another great resource for anyone looking for trail info. We host all of the Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) and overlay them on the Google mapping system. We want this site to be the place you go to for trail maps as you plan a run. The MVUM maps show what trails are open for what types of vehicles. If a trail is not on these maps, it is not an open trail.
      We attend events and set up at trailheads throughout the season to ensure that folks are getting the info and education they need to be responsible on public trails. We have posters and brochures that quickly review these guidelines (all of the Etiquette info can also be found on the website).

Very soon, we will have a HUGE announcement about mobile mapping options!
      Sam and Matt are going to be around on the forum, keeping everyone updated on what is new with the program and answering questions. Feel free to ask us any questions!
      Oh – and don’t forget to follow us on FACEBOOK!
    • By YamahaGrizzly
      When it comes to embarking on thrilling ATV adventures, striking the perfect balance between customization and practicality is key. As you start modifying your ATV to tailor it to your preferences and needs, you might find that you're losing valuable storage space. But fear not! We're here to unravel a storage solution that's been the subject of many inquiries: Pelican cases and their budget-friendly alternatives.
      Losing Storage During Customization
      It's no secret that as you soup up your ATV with exciting modifications like racks, snorkels, or specialized equipment, the available storage space can shrink. This conundrum has sparked a common question among enthusiasts: "How can I keep my storage capacity while enhancing my ride?"
      The Storage Dilemma: Resolved
      Enter the hero of our story: Pelican cases. These rugged, dependable cases are renowned for their durability and waterproofing, making them an excellent choice for ATV storage. Not only do they protect your gear from the elements, but they also offer ample space to stow away essentials securely.
      However, we understand that Pelican cases might not fit everyone's budget. Fear not! A more economical option awaits. While not as renowned as Pelican, there are budget-friendly cases that offer decent protection without burning a hole in your pocket. These alternatives can be a great compromise between affordability and functionality.
      Securing the Solution
      Attaching these cases to your ATV is another crucial step. U-bolts come to the rescue, providing a sturdy way to fasten the cases onto your quad. The key here is to ensure a secure fit that can withstand the rigors of off-road adventures. To take it a step further, silicone the holes where the bolts go through. This creates an extra layer of protection against water infiltration, keeping your gear dry even when the trails get muddy.
      In Conclusion
      As you transform your ATV into the ultimate adventure companion, storage doesn't have to be compromised. Pelican cases offer premium protection for your belongings, while their more affordable counterparts bring similar benefits without breaking the bank. By attaching them securely with U-bolts and employing a bit of silicone magic, you can hit the trails with peace of mind, knowing your essentials are safe and sound.
      So, whether you're venturing into the wilderness or tackling tough terrains, your ATV can now carry both the thrill of customization and the convenience of ample storage. Get ready to rev up and ride out – your gear's in good hands!
      Remember: Modify, store, and conquer – all in one unforgettable ride!
      Share your storage hacks and tips in the comments below, and let's keep the adventure going!
      I'll humbly leave this link to my Amazon Store front, I don't sell the product but I do receive a small commission!  https://www.amazon.com/shop/offroad.dan/photo/amzn1.shoppablemedia.v1.7c4986ab-557d-4b6e-bd22-493008782ffe?ref_=aip_sf_photo_spv_ons_mixed_d
    • By jatho
      Does anyone know what year they stopped producing the King Quad 300? - particularly in Australia and New Zealand 
      What were the design changes?
    • By Filthy_Mule777
      I'm currently pulling my hair out over a customers 98  bayou 2x4 KLF300b. I've changed every electrical component on it twice and in a couple instances three times. Still no spark, I am baffled. Initially customer brought it to me complaining of a hard start no start situation and in fact, it wouldn't start. I changed the starter relay, spark plug,  CDI box, and starter circuit relay after which it fired right up ran very well but then started having issues with the neutral switch/light where it wouldn't come on and wouldn't allow it start or even turn over. I found in the wiring harness a loose connection, I got it taken care of and secured and that solved the problem. So now that it would crank up again and run fine I called the customer over to test it out see what he thought as I've never heard it run before and I wanted to get his opinion on how it was running. Customer ride it around a little bit pulled it back on my carport and turned the key off and said it was great, and had never ran better or started so easily, then we set up a time for him to come pick it up the following day and he left. Well where he pulled it on my carport and shut it off was in the middle of the carport so I jumped back on it to park it off to the side,  crank it up no problems put it in reverse went about maybe 18 inches and it stalled and ever since that point it has not had spark or run. I replaced the CDI box again with a better brand, I replaced the ignition coil twice put another starter relay on it and I've also changed out the stater and the pick up coil (pick up coil twice) and I'm just I'm lost I don't know what else to do to it. I've had this customers  four wheeler for four months now whereas he's a patient guy I need to get it out of here so I can move on to something else. I've seen dozens of threads across  different sites for off-road, 4 wheelers, ATVs, UTV's, whatever and they are all experiencing the same sort of issue but they never ever post hear the problem was or  the fix. So I'm hoping somebody here has a little bit of knowledge on this particular issue sent since it seems to be so widespread.  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content