Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Most Amazing Trucks Driver In The World

quadmaniac

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Eric C
      I have looked at every thread I feel like, but with no resolution. Its always the same with a no spark issue: 
      Replaced CDI, 
      Replaced Pickup Coil (Pulsar)
      Good continuity from CDI to green white wire at ignition coil.
      No Pulse at ignition coil on the green white wire. (testing with test light on Pos of battery.)
      Good 12+ V on the hot side of ignition coil.
      I swapped the wires around on the Pulsar.
      The grounds seem to be good for the blk/y wires throughout bike.
      Brand new battery.
      Brand new stator and Pulsar
      Tried 2 new CDIs
      Brand new rectifier
      I get about 300 Micro A/C volts across the two wires on Pulsar when cranking.
      I am currently cleaning the connections on the rectifier because they were burnt. I am not even sure if it makes a difference because I am told that doesn't produce spark anyway and is only for charging system.
      The fly wheel looks OK, is the pulsar supposed to be connected in the direction with the metal "Button" facing towards the flywheel?
      My bike is a 1995 bayou 300, but I seem to come across same issues on web but no resolution on these things.
    • By HondaPhile
      Fixing up an old Honda for my son,  Looks like a great site for info and resources. 
    • By DANJONESHISTORY
      I have a meerkat50 that has a pedal shifter but no clutch cable.  This seems standard.  However, when the atv is in neutral, the engine revs like CRAZY and will pop a wheelie if I throw it in gear.  While in gear, it has little to no power.  Pressing on the accelerator doesn't do a thing.  If I turn on the choke while in neutral, the engine dies completely.
      Here's what I've tried:
      Replacing the carburetor with a new one.  No change.
      Spraying around the connections between the carb and the engine with starter fluid, looking for an rpm change to see if air was leaking into it.  No change.
      Removing the throttle cable from the handlebar to see if it was too taut.  No change.
      Checked timing-- top dead center seems to match on the flywheel and the cam.  Although this depends on the direction I rotate the engine.  The only way to rotate it without the nut coming loose is to rotate it clockwise.  When I do this, the engine timing seems right.  But there is enough play in the chain that when I let it go slack, it may be out of time.  This is likely normal, and I can't imagine this would be enough to cause this problem.  
      Any thoughts on what would cause an insane idle with no power under load?
      I really need help.

• By Krazo
      as title states, what are these wires?   I took off the rear plastic, and right behind the brake light, these wires are all disconnected.  Not sure what they go to.  Aside from my current issue of what appears to be a bad coil (replacement ordered) the atv has run fine for me.  I just bought it this past winter and spent time replacing front end components but motor has run fine until the this past weekend.  By the looks of these wires they've been unplugged a while.  only thing I can think of is they're for trailer lights maybe....?  but i really don't know.  

• eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

eManualonline.com Save 20% OFF on orders over $50, Use Code: BLAZE

• By Alphamonk
      Okay guys, this is a nutty situation. I have been trying to get my Bayou to idle and accelerate properly. I found the easiest way to adjust the mixture screw on the bottom of the carb is to loosen it slightly and twist the carb to access the screw on the bottom of the carb. Not having much luck, but today one time I forgot to straiten the carb back to the correct position and the bike ran great! With the carb sitting at a 45 degree angle. Does this mean maybe the float is set too low and not allowing enough fuel into the carb? I feel like this is trying to point me in the right direction. Lol
       Any suggestions?

• Gallery Images