Quantcast

Winch Wiring Help

I purchased my first ATV last weekend, it is a Suzuki Eiger 4x4 Semi-Automatic. :biggrin:

Along with this I also found a Swisher Plow, Dump Bucket, and Universal Mount for a good price. :cool:

The final piece I bought was a Warn Winch (XT25).

My question is:

Does anyone have pictures of how they routed the wires from the winch to the contactor and then to the battery???

Of course you cannot run them anywhere that will come close to the hot engine or where moving parts may pinch the wires.

I was thinking about wiring it back to the dry-box all the way in the back...

I'd probably need to get longer wires from the winch to the contactor though.

I don't think the wires that came with the Warn winch will reach the whole way back.

The main thing I'm looking for is pictures showing the route along the frame where you attached the wires.

I would of course like to keep it as far away from the engine as possible.

Thanks for the help!

I took off a few of the panels today to get an idea of where I'll run the wires from the winch back to the contactor...It looks like the wires from Warn just might reach back to the dry box!

Any pictures out there???

Also, which wire did you tap into for the handle bar switch?

I know I should use a multi-meter to find a wire that only gets power when the ATV is on...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By NZrider
      My king quad 700 runs rough when cold then won't start some times but not often when it's hot. And occasionally smoke's a lot when it's cold I'm guessing that's rings but I'm worried unless it's causing the other problems

All help is appreciated thanks
    • By 1998Zuki250
      Looking to see if anyone has any input on ATV Tires? 1998 Suzuki quadrunner LTF250
    • By Whiterabbit
      3500lb, synthetic rope lead and everything needed to install for........................................ $89 bucks!  I'm installing one on my '01 Bombardier Quest and it looks like a legit buy. If you have a RK nearby & you need a winch you might want to swing by before they disappear.
    • By Otter9099
      I plan on using my ATV to hunt. What have you found to be the best method for carrying your rifle that is secure and allows removing quickly to pursue an animal?
    • By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker