Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

charles

2004 Yamaha Bruin 350 starting problems

New to ATV's with one year experience with this ATV.

When I use the electric start, there is a rapid clicking at the starter relay assembly. I replaced the starter relay with the same results. No other sounds.

The battery is good and lights work. The ATV will start with the pull cord but it is very hard to pull and is not a good option.

I guess my next option is to pull the starter but would appreciate any other input for my starting problems.

Thanks.

Charles

Usually a relay clicking indicates insufficient voltage to the starter. Is it the original battery? if so, it's time to buy a new one.

The starter uses more battery than anything else- the lights could work fine but the battery may not have the guts to roll the engine.

try jumping it from a 12 volt battery- if it starts, it's the battery.

It could be a starter, but more likely it's a battery. They usually last 4-5 years.

Thanks guys!

It is the battery. The battery is only 1 year and took a charge fine.

The jump did it.

Thanks again.

Charles

No problem, we are here to help one another, anytime you need anything, we will be here.

When I bought my LTR, my dealer recommended that I put the battery on a trickle charger overnight every month to make sure that every thing stays fully charged. I don't know why that would be necessary if you ride it alot since the alternator keeps the battery charged, but if it sits for long periods, then it is probably a good idea.

Edited by DirtDemon

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By FlyingJBIRD
      I've bought a used 2007 Polaris Phoenix 200... it's in pretty good shape... but after it starts, warms up, a few minutes of my son riding around yard it will die... it refuses to start back until the next day, then same thing again... I've seen this is a problem but haven't found any real answers... my son is driving me crazy to get him back riding... any help is greatly appreciated...
    • By Ajmboy
      With this cold snap, I noticed yesterday that the battery on my grizzly was a little weak. even clicked a few times before I got it to start. I'm thinking of picking up a batter tender/ trickle charger so was wondering what people use to keep their ATV battery charged up. I was looking at these on amazon. They both have good reviews.

or this one

Kind of like this one because if the accessory plug

• By Vybrano Cz
      (I don't have manual and there isn't one on the internet)
      It's a 150cc ATV, automatic transmission, automatic starter, with zero electric devices.
      I have to mount at least some front/rear lights. But for how many watts should I aim in total on entire ATV? You know, for example there are 10/50/200 Watt lights. But it's impossible to order some, when I don't know if I should keep entire ATV under 100 Watts? Under 500 Watts? Under 1000 Watts?
    • By Steven Workman
      So I have a Honda Fourtrax 300 year 1988. The ignition doesn’t start it with no sound. The headlights won’t turn on. It has a brand new charged battery, fuses are good, oil is good, gas is good, reverse is rusted, it shifts good, won’t jumpstart but when you try it will turn over, it will start if you jump the solenoid give it gas and spray starter fluid on the breather but it won’t stay on long but will stay on for the little time it does by itself. I don’t know what’s wrong and I need help!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By dyyjrr9
      I just got a 1991 Yamaha Moto 4 for my son and I am looking for a service repair manual. I know that the timing chain needs replaced.
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, I try to find this manual in the threads but you have a lot of stock here
      Cannot find this particular manual.
      I found it for YFM200 but not sure if they are the same.
      Thanks if you could help me with that.
      Im new here so if I did something wrong, please tell me.