Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

sgtnomore

96 honda 300ex

i have a 96 honda 300ex that lost power while riding today. it will pull but seems to have lose some engine power

Could be a hundred different things. I would start by doing a compression test. Also test the ignition components. Check valve clearances and timing chain tension. Check the spark plug.

thanks going to check valve clearance tomorrow. but i can only find info on a 400ex . is it the same way to adjust on a 300ex

Those motors are completely different, you need the clearance specs for your exact machine and year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kgard
      Hi all, I bought a 2018 used 450 for my wife. She is having trouble with some of the real rocky trails close to our home. Her arms give out in an hour or two so I was thinking of adding power steering . Is this possible ? Anyone done this ? 
    • By Eddie Lambert
      So I picked up a Cannibal that has been sitting for many years. I wonder if anyone can tell me where that vacuum port is on the engine. I’ve found the one to the air box, pressure regulator, and ecu but can’t seem to locate the one on the engine. Thanks in advance for any help. 

• By scotty2hotty01
      i have a older honda 350 cc quad that seems to start and other days will not.spark seems to be gone and there when it does run.I checked newer coil odd a older yet Honda but no help and idea I going to find the serial number as forget the year but believe around 1995 to 1997 year besides that great quad but cant run it so great this way  and need it for chores around the acreage. Any help would be great. Ive check all fuses as well as the fusable ling which was fine until I screwed with it now need to buy another as have it wired not so safe.I handy but now have copd which takes away the brain power some.Any help would sure be appreciated 
    • By JacobSlabach
      recently picked up some project bikes off CL for cheap.  got a honda fourtrax (the ancient 4x4 kind with the straight axle in the front as well as the rear and a back-up kick-start)  plastics are crap, but my goal is to get running like a champ and patch the plastics up and sell to one of my many friends that want a reliable 4x4 for dirt cheap and doesnt care what it looks like.
      so the former owner says it needs carb rebuilt, but its sat for 3+ years since so who knows.  things I see:  carb is missing (he gave me a box of parts along with the bike), engine turns over and feels good with kick-start, brakes need work, battery missing (That always puts me off, cause then I know most likely someone's been tampering with the electrical.
    • By bradleyheathhays
      I bought a 2011 Crown Vic with 300k miles 12 mos ago and I'm wondering how to approach servicing the timing belt. I know very little of it's past maintenance records other than what I've done with it this past year. Basically I'm wondering if I should go ahead and attempt to replace it now, or wait til something starts to go wrong. I don't know how timing belts typically go bad...if they just break or start to stretch or what. If this is an interference engine I'm imagining a fairly bad event so I'd like to get educated and be pro active about it.

Second...Scotty Kilmer teaches that the worst wear an engine sees after changing the oil is before the oil gets pumped back into the filter and then into the engine components during the first engine restart. But he says if you disable the ignition spark somehow when cranking for the first time again, the lack of combustion in the cylinders helps with reducing this kind of wear quite a bit. I don't have an owner's manual and I'm not sure what fuse to pull to disable combustion ignition, or if removing a fuse would be the best way to do this. Any opinions on how this should be done?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By johnnie Cooper
      I have a 2005 honda trx 300ex sportrax. I pulled the welded together crap of an exhaust that's on my quad I just picked up and the valve is ghost white. Do you guys no what exactly this means? Or do I just need to pull the head and rebuild it? I'm also looking for plastics and a cheaper stock exhaust if anyone has one. Thanks for your time. 

• By Maggie Hall
      View File 2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV
      2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV
      Submitter Maggie Hall Submitted 11/28/2018 Category Honda ATV  
    • By Maggie Hall
      2007 2008 2009 Honda 300ex Service Repair Manual Trx300X Trx300EX ATV
    • By Ashley Bell
      I have a 2005 Honda 300EX that won't start. I've changed the starter and I've changed the solenoid. When I try to push start it the back wheels skid, it's a manual. I've charged the battery and I've done the screwdriver trick with the solenoid that won't start it. It tries to crank but it won't turn over.  
      I was out riding for about an hour or two and then it quit on me. Before I went riding I change the air filter and I change the oil. 
      Heeeeelp. Suggestions? I'm learning all of this info myself from forums. Thanks. 
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      I was wondering if I could fit a bumper for a different quad on my 300ex? There is one in motosport that I want but they dont make it for mine. If so which one?