NEWACRIDER

My son's new toy!

I just got this 80 cc Raptor for my son, I hope he can handle it! (he's 8) He's never had to shift before, any tips on teaching him? We are going out this weekend and he doesn't know this is for him yet! :D There is a picture of it in my gallery, I don't know how to add it to my post.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

That's pretty cool....I like the pics. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. :D

Very cool,,,,I almost went with the 80 but got the Honda 90 instead.... Start him out in the Flats with the Bike....Get him to up Shift under Acceleration Turn and head back to you....Then tell him by the time he gets back to you he needs to be in first gear...Then take him out on some Small Rolling Hills That he has to Down shift to Ascend....Thats what I did with my oldest....Seemed to work Fine for him but everyone is Different....;)

Guest Fox300exchic

Yeah...I wanna know how well he did. Then I'll know what to expect when my lil guy goes out.

Thanks everyone for being interested...

I posted the pic of his face when he realized the new quad was for him....It took a few minutes for it to sink in! LOL He did really well, but dad did have to adjust the shift lever up a bit since his foot was too small to reach it! We also limited the throttle down so he wouldn't get too carried away. They built a mini track next to camp, and my 3.5 year old even did a few laps on the 50. My camera acted up, so I have to wait to get more pics off the video camera~ I'll post them when I do!

Sounds great!! It is awesome to see there faces when they are excited. I know he will enjoy it a lot.

Guest Fox300exchic

That's good your 3 1/2 year old can use it too. Can't wait to see more pics.

Oh yeah,,,,Dont forget to Check the Pismo Thread.....My Kids will be there....We usually Tape off an Acre around Camp and the Adults Build a Track for the Kids to Ride on....That way,,,,,We can do all our Smoking, Drinking And Cussing while they are on the Track...:D

He got shifting down pretty well! he followed my husband around on the trails, and when my husband shifted up or down he held out the number of fingers for what gear my son should be in to remind him. Next time we have to work on him shifting without looking down, lol ~ I guess he hasn't figured out his foot works without watching it! I'd love to make the Pismo trip, just don't know if we can get off work to go...

That sounds great! He'll have it down in no time. My son went from a quad he had to shift to an automatic. I don't know how that will eventually affect him. He wants a manual clutch quad. I just got my first manual clutch one and haven't even gotten it out on the trail yet.