Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

j_rock

new kid on the block

what up yall im new to the sight but not new to ridin i have been ridin all my life , hope to get to know some of you and posibly get to ride with some people up in washington

Welcome aboard! So you ar ein Washington state? I always wanted to go there with my quad and look for Bigfoot...:cute:

Welcome to QuadCrazy!! I know you will enjoy it here.

Welcome aboard! So you ar ein Washington state? I always wanted to go there with my quad and look for Bigfoot...:cute:

i have been lookin for big foot my whole life everytime i get close i lose the trail damit one of these day ill get him lol!!:yes:

Hey did either of you guys try a bag of Jack Links beef jerkey? I hear he likes that, but you better give him some or he gets pissed. LOL LOL LOL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By 06kfx440
      I have permission to ride 60+ acres that vary in technical aspects. Let's make something happen. We have off street parking and it's a ton of fun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• By RogueMX
      New to the site and I'm looking for some places to (LEGALLY) ride. I know a few places not too far from me but getting caught and over 1k in fines and criminal trespassing charges isn't on the top of my list. 
    • By David Mills
      Where is the best place to ride in nc
    • By pokolbinguy
      Hi All,
      Following on from the brief interlude in the "introducing myself" thread....

In a nutshell, I acquired a YFM250 Moto 4 (1991) for cheap recently with the previous owner citing "no spark, needs a new magneto coil and I don't have time to fix it"... anyway I am dubious that the magneto/generator is the issue and thinking more along the line of ignition coil as after a clean up of the magneto I was able to get a rather decent voltage reading off the magneto with pull start and resistence readings seem to check out that the magneto is all ok (all 3 x phases = 1.2 ohms and no run to ground)
      None the less I ordered a new Ignition coil and Magneto/generator coil and am waiting for them to arrive.

In the mean time I cleaned up the current Magneto, popped in a new battery and sparkplug, checked out all the wiring harness, all seemed good except I came across the "neutral switch" wire was broken.

After wiring up a new neutral switch wire, the neutral light now comes on  (small win) and the starter relay (attached to rectifier) now clicks. If I hit the starter switch on handle bar the starter motor spins and if I  pull the cord starter I get a spark on pull....YAY!! I'll try and attach a video below if possible.

So onto the starter motor. Starter solenoid seems to work A-ok, even if it looks crappy and starter motor spins as it should when I hit the start switch....but here is my issue.

When the starter motor runs it turns Cog #1 and Cog #2 (see photo below)....but the chain in the back of the starter which I assume is the timing chain, does not move and there is no apparent movement of the piston in the cylinder.

If I turn it by hand (per photo) or with the pull starter however the chain moves and the engine turns. However cog #2 rotates but not fluidly with the "Crank" (part I turn by hand) for the lack of a better word to use if that makes sense?

Is there a grub screw or similar on Cog #2 that fixes it to the center shaft to make it all turn when the starter motor is run? Could there be a part missing? Previous owner had the starter apart so could be possible?

The outer/front part seems to be on a key-way so not sure how to remove this easily to check how Cog #2 is attached.

What am I missing here?

spark_baby.mpg

• By Gunny
      Sadly, my tracking days are over for this season ...    ... Hope you enjoy the video ....          ...
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By mjl01
      Hi. I am 14 years old and I have had my atv for almost a week now and everyone who lives in western new york knows that one day it can b sunny and warm and the next day cold and snowing. I hav drove my '07 atv around the yard and in the snow covered fields. I just got it stuck today for the first time following my friend with a 4 wheel drive tractor with a trailer go in a little mud and I tried to go through the big mud pit he left and I pushed it out. I am still trying to find out the model of my atv.check out my thread under the Kazuma section if you could help me.
    • By joejo33
      im buying a new quad this weekend i have it down to two of them i got them at the same price ($1500) which is good either way but i don't know which is better for me i do mostly trail riding but also like to go fast on a good strait away i just sold my 300ex so that's what im used too but its time to upgrade the warrior is a 01 in mint cond. adult owned very clean and a hour closer to me its stock except the lights and rims and tires it also comes with stock. the ltz is a 04 has been beating on by a 18 year old but its in good cond. it could use new front tires it has new bearings in the rear and a lonstare rear axle other than that its stock what sounds like a better deal which is a better all around quad also what should i look for when i see them in person???? i put the pics of them in the post. i don't want to get something im gonna have to put a lot of $$$$ into i want something to last also a good suspension any help will be appreciated

• By quadcrazy
      This video was submitted to the QUADCRAZY Video section by admin.
      Description of Video: Kid tries to cross the track DURING A RACE!
      Video Tags: Track
      http://www.quadcrazy.com/video/video/&v=120321766525
    • By quadcrazy
      This video was submitted to the QUADCRAZY Video section by yamahabansheeboy.
      Description of Video: kid seys all fuck!
      Video Tags: funny shit
      http://www.quadcrazy.com/video/video/&v=121584057598