Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

One dark night outside a small town in Wisconsin , a fire started inside the local chemical plant and in a blink of an eye it exploded into massive flames. The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.

When the volunteer fire fighters appeared on the scene, the chemical company president rushed to the fire chief and

said, "All our secret formulas are in the vault in the center of the plant. They must be saved.

However, the roaring flames held the firefighters off. I will give $50,000 to the fire department that brings them out intact."

Soon more fire departments had to be called in as the situation

became desperate. As the firemen arrived, the president

shouted out that the offer was now $100,000 to the fire department who could bring out the company's secret files.

From the distance, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck

came into sight. It was the nearby Norwegian rural township

volunteer fire company composed mainly of Norwegians over the age of 65.

To everyone's amazement, that little run-down fire engine roared right past all the newer sleek engines that were parked outside the plant. Without even slowing down it drove straight into the middle

of the inferno.

Outside, the other firemen watched as the Norwegian old timers

jumped off right in the middle of the fire and fought it

back on all sides. It was a performance and effort never seen before.

Within a short time, the Norske old timers had extinguished

the fire and had saved the secret formulas. The grateful chemical

company president announced that for such a superhuman feat he was upping the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave fire fighters.

The local TV news reporter rushed in to capture the event on film,

asking their chief, "What are you going to do with all that money?"

"Vell," said Ole Larsen, the 70-year-old fire chief, "Da first ting ve

gonna do is fix da brakes on dat focking truck!"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mothrottle
      2017 sportsman 450 HO turns over but won't fire. My "check engine" light is on. What sort of problems cause that light to go on?
    • By Michael Hill
      My Grizzly started dying in the middle of riding it.  Most of the time it was as I was decelerating or idling.  It did this for a while and I thought it was just bad fuel.  I had siphoned out most of the tank and put fresh fuel in it thinking this would fix it.  However, after riding it some with the fresh fuel it was still doing it.  Last night it died and I couldn't get it restarted.  The battery is 8 years old so I thought maybe this was not keeping enough charge so I put a brand new battery on it.  Still nothing.  I pulled the spark plug to find I had zero spark.  Does anyone have the service manual that walks you through all the steps you are to take when you aren't getting spark?  I was just going to go back to the coil next and keep tracing my way back.  I'm not sure what resistance should be at the coil nor exactly how to test it.  Also not sure how to test the plug to make sure that is good.  

Any help you guys could lend would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Rich Arno
      Hello. I'm new so I hope I'm posting in the right place. My neighbor gave me a nice looking Bayou 220, but I can't get any fire to the plug. No lights, nothing. So far I've put in a brand new battery and relay. So those are good for sure. No neutral light comes on when the key is turned. Where should I start to try to figure out this electrical problem? I have a new coil to install, but common sense tells me it has to be something before that. I'm cheap so taking it to the dealer is out of the question. Does anyone know the process of elimination in a situation like this? I'd might add it LOOKS like the wires are all where they belong, but I can't say they are for sure. If the machine wasn't in such great shape, I wouldn't bother, but the grandkids should have a lot of fun on this. Thank you in advance for any help someone can offer.
    • By Todd Trask
      Hello All, Finally got around to messing with quad. I found bad grounds & faulty coil. Ordered new today. Stole coil from other quad and made spark......woohooo....👍🏻. Well I temp installed new coil and made spark. Figured I would pour little gas in carb to see if it fires. No fire ..tried a little starting fluid just to see if it would fire. No fire.. well if I have spark, add clean fuel but No fire or booms from quad what’s so ever. Any suggestions..
    • By Jacob Gentz
      I have a 2005 Arctic Cat 500 with a susuki motor, 2500 hours.  I was riding it yesterday, came out this morning, will turn over but no start.  I have spark and fuel.  Took carb off and cleaned it.  Back firing out of exhaust and air intake.  Not sure how one day it runs but 12 hours later it won't.  Just need some pointers on where to look.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By TreadLightly
      For the sake of consolidation... Here's a nice place to post Trail Work and Area Clean-up Volunteer opportunities.
      If you're interested in me posting a volunteer opportunity in your area on other forums, please feel free to send me details (where, what, who to contact). [email protected]
      Also, a reminder that if you are a partner/member club or a 3-year individual member, you qualify to apply for our stewardship grants to help fund these projects. Stay tuned to the Stewardship Grants thread, or have a peek at the website: Tread Lightly - Stewardship Grants
      Thanks. And feel free to post up your own stewardship projects here as well
    • By ATVgirl
      WE ARE NOW LOOKING FOR THE BIGGEST, BADDEST BIKES IN THE LAND!
      YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE YOUR BIKES OUTSIDE
      ORLANDO AROUND THE END OF MAY MIDDLE OF JUNE.
      IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DO THAT AND YOUR BIKE IS PICKED IT WILL
      BE PUT IN OUR FIRST ANNUAL PHOTO SHOOT/ CALENDAR
      WE ARE IN THE NEED FOR SPONSORS ALSO
      WE HAVE IT SET UP SO THAT EACH BIKE CHOSEN WILL HAVE THE
      OWNERS NAME ON THE PAGE IT APPEARS AND WE ARE WORKING
      VERY HARD SO THAT HALF THE PROCEEDS MADE OFF THE CALENDAR
      WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY!
      IF THIS IS SOMETHING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
      EMAIL ME YOUR BIKES INFO AND A PICTURE TO
      [email protected]
      IF YOU ARE NOT CHOSEN FOR THE SHOOT YOU MAY BE
      IN THE RUNNING TO HAVE YOUR BIKE AND YOUR INFO ADDED TO OUR NEW UPCOMING WEB PAGE!
      good luck
      Check out our other events at www.thedirtygirls.net
      www.myspace.com/eastcoastdirtygirls
      ATVgirl:biggrin: