Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

afa913

Do the small 50cc ATVs have a way to set the speed?

Do the small 50cc's have a way to set the speed. Im wanting to get one for my kid and i need to set it to go slow. I know the chinese knock off fourwheelers do but i dont really want one of those

Most of the smaller ATVs I believe have throttle limiters and not speed adjusters exactly, but it will allow you to keep them below a certain speed if they can't give it more gas.

* Topic moved to General ATV Discussion Forum and adjusted topic title

• Like 1

Some do, depends on brand and model.  Also could slack out the throttle cable so there is less travel?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Weazel said:

Some do, depends on brand and model.  Also could slack out the throttle cable so there is less travel?

never thought of running a cable thats to long. thats a much easier idea then wedging the slide. 

On the old Suzuki 2-stroke 50cc, they used a restrictor plate/washer between the exhaust pipe and head to slow it down.

On the 80, they put a spacer on top of the carb slide so it would only open half way.

7 hours ago, shane mcguffie said:

never thought of running a cable thats to long. thats a much easier idea then wedging the slide. 

I was thinking you could just back out the adjustment.  I'm not sure how it attaches at the carb but there should be something on the handle bars.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 5 Small Tools To Be Thankful For

news Equipping your ATV or UTV mechanic the right way Someday you might just have to work on your own machine and having these tools could make it easier. View the full article

By ATVNetwork, in ATV News, Articles & Press Releases

• 0 replies
    • Chinese ATV User, Service, Parts & Wiring Diagrams

Here is what I have collected over the years and maybe it will help someone else. There are so many and several are too large to upload as attachments, so see any thing you need just shoot me a PM and your email and I will get them on the way to you as fast as I can. Thanks 50cc to150cc Service Manual For Tank Motorsports.pdf linhai-atv-service-manuals-linhai-300-parts-manual.pdf 1986 CH250 ELITE SERVICE MANUAL.pdf Charging and ignition systems for atvs.pdf Chinese ATV Frame Diagram.jpg Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Clutch Diagram - Exploded Views.jpg Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Cylinder Head Diagrams.jpg Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Torque Specifications.jpg Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Valve Clearances.jpg Dinli-501-PARTS-DINONP.pdf Dinli-601-Parts2003BEAST-DIAMONDBACKNP.pdf Dinli-DL-5015erviceManual.pdf Dinli-DL-502PartsManual.pdf Dinli-DL-5025erviceManual.pdf Dinli-DL-503PartsManual.pdf Dinli-DL-601,DL-603ServiceManual.pdf Dinli-DL-603PartsManual.pdf Dinli-DL-604PartsManual.pdf Dinli-DL-701PartsManual.pdf Dinli-ServiceManual-150ccATV.pdf DTE150-2-150cc.pdf Eagle ATV Fender Body Parts Exploded Diagram.jpg Eagle ATV Rear Axle - Exploded Diagram.jpg GY6_150cc_ENGINE_PARTS_157QMJ_.jpg GY6_Top_End_Rebuild.pdf Leopard-parts.pdf Linhai_260servicemanual.pdf Odes-400-Repair.pdf Piston Ring Installation 4 Stroke Engines.jpg Roketa-ATV-10(ATV-DO43)-Repair.pdf Roketa-ATV-11(ATV-D037)-Repair.pdf SLA-120-PARTS.pdf SLGK-110-PARTS.pdf SLGK-150R-PARTSMANUAL.pdf SLGK-400R-PARTS.pdf SLU-500-600-700-PARTS.pdf slu700db-700UTV-Service-Manual.pdf tao-tao-atv-parts-cylinder-rebuild-kit-for 90cc-100cc-110cc-engines-p-13331.pdf Trouble Shooter Guide for BATTERY DRAINED Chinese Engines.txt Trouble Shooter Guide for NO-COMPRESSION.txt Trouble Shooting No Crank.txt Troubleshooting.pdf YX125CC BREAKDOWN.pdf _________________________________________________________________________________ 50 to 150cc GY6 Shop Manual.pdf Arrow 150 Engine Service Manual.pdf Eton Shop Manual YXT-150.pdf GY6 Shop Manual.pdf Yerf Dog Spiderbox GX150 Service Manual.pdf

By colt, in Other ATV Brands Forum

• 7 replies
    • Identify my small quad please.

Hi. My father in law bought this small quad for my son. It ran for a short period of time then would only idle and maybe acell 15feet then die. Anyone here know of the brand maybe details on the bike. I can not find any numbers or brand badges etc. Would like to rebuild the carburetor.   Thanks 

By Christopher Reinhard, in General ATV Discussion

• 8 replies
    • CoolSports (Chinese) ATV Spindles

Has anyone had success in locating replacement spindles for the Coolsports (150ST and 200) (not to be confused with coolster although may be the same types) after the shatter? I've two quads that both have busted spindles. I've tried two different parts sites but they never shipped.  Also, has anyone ever tried to weld the steering linkage bolt hole parts back on after they crack off hitting a tree? The rest of the quads are in good shape; stinks to not be able to ride'm due to the spindles. (On a side note, anyone use a different aftermarket spindle as a replacement with success?) Tks,  

By Hank Montgerard, in Other ATV Brands Forum

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content