Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Overturning

duynwyo

Our family goes to Ga to ride difficult terrain (expert rocks and ledges- mountain trails). I have an 05 Arctic Cat 400 that is very light in the front end due to the gas tank being in the rear. It has overturned twice while carefully approaching 8-10" ledges. Others with different brand Atv's are not having the same problem. I love my arctic cat but find this intollerably dangerous.:mad: Any feedback? I am looking to purchase a Can Am and noticed that the tank appears to be somewhere in the rear also. Anyone with info about Can Am handling and weight distribution related to the tank would be greatly appreciated.:skeptic:

Dream Car Giveaway

My buddy has a can am and his tank is near the back also. We dont ride on any trails like that but his is light in the front also. I'm not really sure what to tell you. Most atv's that i know of will be lighter in the front. JUst be careful until you get it figured out. I will ask my buddy about his and see what he thinks!

I can tell you that Can-am makes some of the best 4wd quads on the market IMO. As far as the tank placement, I don't think that Can-am would have engineered a quad that was more likely to roll backward on you, they have some pretty good engineers, if you look at the technology they use on their machines, you can see why I would say that. There are plenty of other great 4x4 quads out there also, all of the big Japanese manufacturers make good products too.