Quantcast

1998 Yamaha Grizzly 600 Starter Engaging w/Key

Rock

I have a 98 Grizzly 600 that every time you turn the key on the starter engages. I've replaced the starter and solenoid. I've swapped out the ignition switch and unhooked the starter button and it still does it. I need to know if anyone else has had this problem and could offer any advice. My last thought is to completely chase the wiring harness. I looked for a starter relay, but could not locate one. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Rock

Sounds like the starter is being used as a ground path... I don't rem if those have a starter relay or not- it will show up in an online parts catalog- if it does they are usually right next to the battery. Good, clean battery connections? Yamahas very rarely have harness problems, but chasing some wires with a continuity meter would not hurt...

Service manuals on ebay if you dont have one already.

let us know how it goes

good call Bio

Edited by Raptor8

Thanks for the info brother. I finally chased the wire and the wire from the starter button was grounded to the frame under the tank. I just cut out the old wire and replaced it with a new one. Works great! Thanks for all of your help and everyone else that helped also.

Rock

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV  
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By dalton7545
      ive had an account for years.   cand dowload a manual tho   havent posted enought so here is a post
    • By Lafytafy
      should i run a thicker oil in a older quad because it make a little more noise than usual