Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I have noticed that alot of very knowledgeable members here only participate in certain branded forums. For example, if a member is a Yamaha guy, he may only reply to posts in Yamaha forums, or even only in posts involving a specific model. I would like to urge any members here who like offering help to others to go beyond participating only in specific forums. Fact is, no matter what make or model the ATV, the mechanical principals that make these machines function are pretty much the same from one machine to another. Sure, it is nice to have people who know alot of things about one particular machine, but just because you are a Honda or Kawasaki guy, doesn't mean that a Suzuki or Yamaha owner couldn't benefit from your input. Don't be afraid to try and offer help to someone who is having problems with a machine you know little about, motors are motors, gears are gears, if you are mechanically inclined, you may be able to help more than you think.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Topics

• By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      My name is Asen and I am from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Riding a Yamaha Raptor 700R and this is my first Quad wanted for a vey long time :)

• By Cj Winds
      I have a 2005 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Automatic. It has an oil leak inside clutch cover. The middle gear has two oil seals, the front seal is leaking engine oil into clutch area. How do you change the leaking seal?
    • By stymy68
      Hello All,
      I have multiple Yamaha Timberwolfs, and I'm rebuilding a 92. I would like to replace the Ball Joints on the control arms. Does anyone know where I can purchase them? I don't want to purchase entire control arm. Ebay only has upper ball joints (Funny I don't see Upper Ball Joints, I have struts) and Cheap Cycle Parts, Partzilla and others don't even show the part number for the lower ball joint. There has to be something out there, these are just pressed in ball joints with castle nut and cotter pin.
      Please help cross reference. I have another Timberwolf I want to rebuild.
    • By John Victor
      My father-in-law gave my boy a 1999 350 Big Bear. It's been sitting in a barn for a bunch of years. It runs great! My boy has been riding a couple weeks now and it has developed a squeal coming from the front end when you get off the gas at speed. No noise during acceleration. At first I thought brakes. I took it for a ride and I don't think it is the brakes. I feel it is the front prop shaft U-joints, front differential or one/both axles. I pulled the fill plug on the differential and I can't find anywhere how much gear oil should be in there. My gut says up to the fill opening. It doesn't have a manual. It's wet in there, just don't see any gear oil.

#1 Should I fill the differential with gear oil up to the fill opening?

#2 How do I check or know if the u-joints are bad? That looks like a "Big Bear" of a job if they don't need to be replaced.

#3 What else could it be? I don't think it is the front bearings. I jacked the front wheels off ground and no play in the right wheel. Very little play in the left wheel, looks like the lower control bushing is where that play is coming from. The rubber CV boots look original but all still intact. Wheels spin easily without any noise.

Thanks for any help!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Admin
      Every thread has the ability to have a LINKBACK :
      Please read: http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/misc.php?do=linkbacks
      Try it out!
    • By Admin
      Is anyone here a member of Digg, Furl...etc? You can Digg threads that you think are really good by linking the thread back. Every thread has a link at the top for LINKBACKS: http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/misc.php?do=linkbacks
      I have also added this to the learning center: http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/learning-center/1797-linkbacks-digg-threads-furl-etc.html#post5063