Quantcast

2006 Suzuki Eiger Fan Troubleshooting

Coastie6

Been scanning forums on this issue. Noticed recently that the cooling fan has not been cycling on like it once did. My oil temp light is not coming on (it is working in the test mode when you turn the key switch on). The ATV does not get submerged in mud or water. It primarily ride fire roads and our local gravel roads. I do plow with it and gave it a workout this winter. The cooling fan fuse is good, there is nothing in the fan and the blades turn freely by hand. I assume it is either the fan switch or the fan. Can someone describe the procedure for applying 12V directly to the fan to test it. Do you disconnect the blue connector between the fan switch and fan and do it there? If so do you need to connect + and - to the pins in the connector or just +, I am not sure how to do this and do not want to fry the fan if it is good. Any advice on how to test the fan is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure if there are two leads to the fan, just hook up your positive and negative. If they are reverse teh fan will spin reverse. I think...that is. I don;t have a wiring schematic on this. But if the fan does come on but not cycling when it should, it might be the switch.

Check out these diagrams:

2006 Suzuki LT-A400F EIGER AUTO 4WD Parts, 2006 Suzuki LT-A400F EIGER AUTO 4WD OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

Edited by Ajmboy

Got it. The fan cycles so that is a relief did not want to spend the cash on one unless I had to. Ill try to ride it a bunch and see if it comes on. Certainly if the oil temp light comes on Ill know for sure. I just remember the fan coming on a fair amount. The bike only has 437 miles on it and I bought it new. I guess it is possible that the engine is not producing as much heat now that it is semi-broken-in? :laugh:

Thanks!

I recently changed my cooling fan and fan switch on an 05 Suzuki Eiger. It wasn't all that hard to do. I took off both right and left inner fenders and was able to get to evrything easily. The electical connections just plug together. I knew that the fan switch was bad and the fan had bearings were getting noisy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By BruceG
      Hi guys. I have a problem where the quad will start and run well for about 5 minutes and then it dies. On inspection the airbox has oil in it (quite a lot). The oil is pumping through the cylinder head breather hose. This problem first happened suddenly. I have since done the top end including, piston, gaskets, rings and valves. I have also done the carb (not that I thought that this was the problem). The compression seems normal. The only thing that I can think of, is that I did not grind the valves well enough. Anyone experienced this? If so, how did you fix it? Any other thoughts?
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By mehim
      Hi everyone. 
      Let me explain the thread title. 
      My husband and I are very active in the nudist community, and we have stayed at many and most of the mainstream nudist and clothing optional campgrounds in the USA. We are now approaching our retirement and would like to start a podcast to share those off the road / backwoods / little known camping areas where nudity is allowed. We have purchased a 5th wheel camping trailer with a rear garage for the ATV and now need some good reports on the one to buy. 
      We are most interested in a side by side unit but would love to get your thoughts. 
      Feel free to stop by and say Hi and ask anything you would like to better understand what we are looking for in an offroad unit. 
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you. 

• By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s