Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

sport1202

1992 polaris 350 4x4 no spark

I have a 1992 Polaris trail master 350 that I picked up for free. The guy who own it previously said that he was using it, it over heated so he let it cool off. He went to start it and it ran and worked fine, then the next time he went to try to use it, it wouldn’t start.

It doesn’t have any spark, changed the coil and the cdi and still no spark. Good compression and everything else looks ok. Where do I look next? Is there a fuse that could be bad? I do not see any fuse box on the quad. I know very little about quads but since the guy was giving this one away I figured why not try to get it running.

Thanks in advance for your help

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Daniel Gibson
      Working on a bayou 220 that has been ran extremely hard it's whole life. Literally had almost an inch thick dirt/oil covering the motor. Yeah that bad. Surprisingly it runs though. I cleaned the carb and tank multiple times. They're clean enough to eat off of. Readjusted valve lash and set timing. Was about 3 teeth off. It cranks good and runs good only problem is I have to cover the carb intake basically choking the hell out of it for it to start. The com choke works fine. It does this each time I start it regardless of temperature both ambient or motor. Wth? Compression is at 115psi I get 130s if I put a little oil in the piston chamber. Please help. Thanks 
    • By barracuda420
      Hi, I'm new to ATV/UTV's and am looking for any advice that would help to repair my 2018 Ranger 500.  I got it from an insurance auction and have never owned one before.
      It looks like it was sunk deep.  Found rocks and sand in the roof, milky oil in the air filter box, water in the fuse box, etc.
      So far, I've cleaned the air box out, vacuumed most of the rocks and sand, checked the engine, trans and diff casings for cracks/leaks.
      The battery would not charge while connected so I know there is some short somewhere...probably the wet fuse box.

I plan on drying out the fuse box and all connectors with a hairdryer tomorrow, check the fuses, remove/dry out the ECM and disassemble/clean the air intake.  Then install the battery and see if i can get it to key on and see what kind of lights I get.
      Need to know what to expect with the engine/trans...
      Thanks.

• By Mike Johnson
      Does anyone know what the 3rd item is behind the battery on this ATV ? I know 1 is the,  solenoid1 is the CDI box, what is the 3rd.
    • By Scott Sirr
      I need to figure out how to clean/fix or replace my neutral switch assembly On my 2008 Yamaha big bear 400 as generally the neutral light doesn’t come on when it is in neutral. To get it to come on I have to wiggle the foot shifter and hold it in just the right spot.
      I have googled it and can’t find much on the 400’s. I can’t find a service manual online and the parts manual is super vague.
      I think it is in the right side engine cover area, but not certain. 
       Any help would be great. thanks
      Scott
    • By JC4x4
      My Honda Fourtrax won't start. The starter is kicking the engine over, but it won't start. It sat for about a year while I was living away, so I thought it might have been bad gas. I completely drained the fuel, flushed the fuel lines and filled it with fresh gas. However, still nothing. It started and ran fine the last time I used it. Any suggestions on how to diagnose this? It could be fuel or electrical at this point. Is there an easy way to rule one or the other out? Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By YamahaBB350
      I have a Yamaha Big Bear 350 and the reverse doesn’t work, it shifts from low to high easily but it won’t go back to reverse. I’m new to this stuff, so I’ll take any help. Any ideas? 
    • By Colin James Krepela
      So here's the deal people, I have an old Avenger 350 4X4 Shaft Driven ATV. They only made them in the early 80's their thought of as the first four wheelers from around back when Suzuki made one in 1982. I believe the engine on it is a Kohler as I watched this video https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=avenger+400+atv&view=detail&mid=1E10E939019CA07770031E10E939019CA0777003&FORM=VIRE but mine is a 350. That's if its original, and it all looks original. I am wondering where I can get parts for this engine, or really what engine is it. I have no way to find the year, unless you guys know where a serial number might be. Every sticker is worn off. IF anyone has any information at all on these old wheelers it would be greatly appreciated. I specifically need the gaskets for the carb, and don't tell me I could build them please I want to restore it as perfectly as I can. I can take pictures of the wheeler/carb if it'll help. Let me know.
    • By oleskool
      Has new top end, piston, rings, valves, etc. great compression, good spark, plenty of fuel. Valves have been set. timing has been tripled checked. Can not get it to start. any ideas suggestions on anything I am missing. Also if anyone has the service manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    • By Martin Carrière
      Recently bought my BB. Everything works great. Only thing is, each time I put it in reverse, it either starts to rev high and start moving without giving it gas or I'll give it a bit of gas and let go and it will still rev at the same rpm or higher and keep moving. Doesn't do it for high or low.