Quantcast

Boysen quickshot 3

I got it to make my carb on my yfz more like fuel injection to improve throttle response and eliminate bogging. Also supposed to improve low end performance, but other than that idk. I talked to one of my buddies who is big into bikes and he said it was one of the best mods he bought, and his bike is completely aftermarket.

I dont have the quick shot but ive got a R&D Power Pump for my crf250r... its got an adjustable leak jet so its easy to tune... Between that and ap mod you can make adjustments and eliminate the bog... Tokyomods uses their bowl which has the pump built in... If you want a trick carb and have the $$ to spend send it to Tokyomods... A buddy of mine is a 250 novice rider and we sent his off a few months ago and they are a sweet setup...

I believe its the same concept... we have always used safety wire... It basically eliminates the gap between the ap lever and the screw... The ap covers with adjustable leak jet are a great upgrade but be prepaired to tune on it some... it will take a little time and adjusting to get it all tuned out...

I looked at getting the 3 with the adjustable leak jet, but got a good deal on the 2 on e-bay. Did't do much for my DRZ 400 bike. Followed the instructions and went with the stock settings on the accelerator pump, and upped the fuel screw a bit. Still have to raise the idle to help the low RPM flame out. If anyone has some imfo on better settings i'd like to hear from you.

well lawny it seems like if you were going to get a pump with an adjustable leak jet i assume u have enough mods to need to change the leak jet?? did you change leak jet size?? if not that maybe part of your problem... we have put the R&D pump on a couple of crf250r's and their full bowl on a crf450r.. your leak jet basically changes how much fuel the ap squirts in the carb during a slow roll of the throttle vs how much it squirts in during a quick twist of the throttle.

Hey guys, just an update, I thought it was awesome.. the external leak jet made it super easy to tune in along with my external fuel screw. I was clearing jump right out of the berms with no bog and the track was made for dirtbikes so yeah. I cant say everyone will like it but I sure am happy with the purchase.

Wont be enjoying it much for a while, dumped my quad a couple times, one including about a 100ft end over end roll with me still on it, giving me a few cracked ribs, bummed out right wrist / right hip / right ankle, and my left knee was swollen the size of a softball and possibly bruised lungs also.