Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

foote6103

suzuki quadrunner 1995 gears shift

the problem i am haveing when trying to shift down into

3 to neutral it will not shift i've tried to go into the gears i can get 4 and 5th gear but will not shift up or down i'am in need of answer oh i should say wen i was starting it the other day i shift into 1 gear and 2 gear then it stop runing trying to get back to neutral it would'nt go back that when the up of above happened

Edited by foote6103

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Michael Rogers
      Anyone ever replaced the shifter shaft on one? Not sure on the year but assuming it is in the late 90's. Is it a huge task, splitting the case etc... thinking about buying it as my next project.

Thanks
    • By Belmontie
      Hi bought a 2012 kingquad ASI last year a great machine which is a delight to ride, but I find sometimes it doesn’t go into top gear just revs high at about 42mph. Any idea ???

• By Sled Dog
      Hello Team!  Hopefully someone can help me.  I've been to the Suzuki forum and its pretty dead.  I should have been on this site a while ago as I own a Canam, Hondas and a RZR!
      Anyways issue is the ATV won't start.  Friend gave it to me to try get running.  They installed a Amazon carb and machine did the same thing.  This machine has 1100 miles and is not beat.  Appears to have led a gentle life.
      So the first thing I did was ask for the original carb.  They do have and brought it over.  But first I changed out all the old gas and put new in.  Got it to start but would not idle.  But could ride it around yard.  Its a manual, went through all 5 gears.  Runs like normal but would not idle.
      So I got a Shindy rebuild kit and rebuilt the original carb.  Reinstalled and almost the same thing.  Starter spins and it tries to catch but doesn't until it does.  Then it seems to run ok.  Idles high but after a while it will go down.
      So I take tank off and give a very good cleaning.  Took off the fuel petcock.  All looks good.  No fuel in the vacuum line so I believe its working as it should.  Cleaned carb again.  Adjusted valves.  Did not need.  Reinstalled everything and same exact thing.  Spins like a maniac for 10 or more seconds before it will start.
      Spark plug is black.  Brand new one too.  I checked the spark and did not see any.  Googled how to do it and I was doing it right, tried again, now I have spark.  Hmmm.  Kept checking and always had it.
      My battle plan now is to clean the Amazon (Chy-na) carb and install that one.  If it does the same exact thing I'll figure its not the carb.  If it does something different this will tell me nothing as I don't trust the Amazon carbs!
      But now I've read that these models Eigers have issues with the fly wheel magnets coming loose.  And affecting spark.  Anyone know if this sounds right?  Maybe if the spark is out of time it makes it harder to start but once started the running engine can overcome that?
      Oh yeah, compression is 130, spec is 142.  Not sure I trust my Harbor frieght compression tester though.  I'm bringing it to work to get the gauge calibrated.
      Sorry so long winded but I like to give all the details I can for the people in the know!  Anything anyone can suggest I do?  Thanks for your time!
    • By Ted Craig
      I know a lot of people say not to use anything but Oem. For the sake of the those who chose not to, or the OEM part cost more than the project, lets hold back negative comments. 
        I just purchased a carburetor that is supposed to be up to OEM specs. The company has a good reputation on eBay and Amazon. The Carb is supposed to be for this bike and jetted exactly. 
        This question should basically go under carb adjustment. I installed the new carb, the bike idles fine. On throttle it sputters half the time and the other half it will rev up fine. Does this sound like the needle is set at the wrong point? Does it sound like the main jet is the wrong size? Or is there another adjustment besides the air/fuel screw thats is 2 turns out? 
        Yes i could truck through old threads and possibly find the answer, but i thought it would be nice to have one tailored to new carb installs. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ryan Hutton
      Hey guys i am new to this site. i have a quadmaster 500 and last year my brother in law had it out and brought it back. When we went to put it away it wont move now any suggestions i have the belt cover off now. With it jacked up it seem to take gear when its not running.
    • By Quadrunner44
      I have an older 1980s Suzuki quadrunner red lt 4wd (250)
      so just finished putting it all back together and was running fine just needed to adjust the rebuilt carb
      bf decides to hook up an air chuck to the gas tank because it got a shot of air in the gas line well 120psi didn’t agree with any of the parts including the new carb 
      end result : new battery new carb now it just clicks (one single click) won’t turn over 
      hard to pull start gets hung up (unless I remove the spark plug ) gas flooded out the first time but now does nothing purchases a new starter waiting the arrival 
      could there be damage to the crank shaft or pistons etc? Or install the new starter and try to fire it up ? What caused the starter to die after he flooded everything with gas was working fine. 
      Thank you 
    • By Kevin Nicoll
      Anyone familiar with these models? Its a new to me quad, picked it up for basically nothing... Just time and materials now, this looks expensive. 

• By jim estes
      Aquired a Quadrunner 240 about a year and half ago.The man said he knew nothing of it history just took it a s an add on in a trade he had made, It looked good-early/mid 90's all the plastic in good shape with no obvious oil stains, dents, etc, now have time to check it a little cl;oser...any suggestions as to what to look for? Aside from metal shavings, checking fluids etc? Whats good to see? Bad? Thank ahead

• By Admin
      View File 1985-90 Suzuki Quadrunner LT230 Service Manual
      1985-90 Suzuki Quadrunner LT230GE, LT-F230G, LT230S Service Manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 06/29/2019 Category Suzuki ATV