Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

OmarTrx450er-09

2009 Honda TRX450R - Plz Help ...

I have had my trx for almost a year now its been working great i put a full hmf exhaust an air filter and i got a dyno jet kit stage 2 i followed the instructions and just changed the main jet ..its been working fine but i feel that it can go much faster at top speeds and it starts choking and popping at 5th gear max speed??? how can i stop that and get more top speed??open the airbox?? help plz

taking off the air box lid will help it breathe a little better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      got 7 atvs off CL recently for a good price.  one of which is a yamaha warrior.  anyone know where the vin is printed on this bike?  Haha good place to start as I do not know year or size yet.  The former owner says needs exhaust ans and clutch work.  he said it ran fine until the clutch cable broke and then I couldn't get the new cable adjusted right and it would grind gears.  things I see:  clutch cable locked up again, no brakes, carb leaking (green with algae around the bowl and has gelled gas stalagtights on it), aftermarket exhaust melted the airbox so I need something different and a new air box.  I would like the use the current exhaust if I can but I have a feeling its a redneck fix as it looks like there is an ace bandage holding it to the exhaust pipe (its an aftermarket slip-on exhaust), so I'm not sure about that- lets get the bike running first.  also, battery (looks brand new, what a shame) is dead, 0 volts.  Otherwise, bike looks to have not been wrecked, and plastics are ok (it sat outside under a 'tarp' for 3+ years since it was run last).  any tips and advise on where to start first would be awesome as this is my first clutched bike (manual).
      the clutch is my main concern- I've never rode a clutched bike so I dont even know what its supposed to feel like.  lol I'm spoiled on my automatic polaris 
    • By Admin
      We would like to wish everyone a Fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

• By Thomas Brooks
      I know...I feel stupid for asking.  I find it impossible to use the thumb throttle with my thumb when I have the bars turned full right. I have to reach across the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It isn't very smooth and I can't help but think that there must be a technique, mod or adjustment for this. How do I get past this?
      Thomas
      2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2
    • By Artifice
      ATV Trails, Motorcycle Trails, Motocross Tracks, California
    • By Ron Young
      My 1990s KLF 300 has just developed this problem where if I turn onto full lock in either direction, the motor cuts out. It suggests to me either a short associated with the ignition switch, or more likely tension on a wire which is losing contact when pulled. To me this seems more likely because I would expect a short to show up as a flicker in the ignition light, which it does not.
      Before I strip it all down, has anyone experienced this, or could you advise me which wire/s to follow? Even though first look shows a number of wires in that are, I guess only one, or two would be involved. Thanks in advance.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By gangle04
      first off i have 2 parts bikes a 97 kodiak 400 and 97 wolverine 350 and a running 02 big bear 400......i just replaced my piston, cyl. and head with the one off the kodiak 400 but ripped my carb joint(from carb to head). my question is can i use the wolverine 34mm? carb on my big bear that now has a 33mm. they are 2 totally different carbs...wolverine stock has main 145 and big bear has 110 main forget what the pilots are....im thinking it should work but wanted to be sure. the reason i wanted to use that carb is it has a different style joint and i have the joint and its in good condition. any help would be aprreciated thnx
    • By ritchman911
      hi i have a 1999 sanyco atv i belive its forein for somthing i have no idea but i need help on how to repair it i have no idea how to work on these i can on anything else just not this i need sombody to help me plz plz plz help me i have very low budget and thats a prob so if you can help me repair or you know somone who can or you got advice leave a message plz help me:realmad::usflag:
    • By OmarTrx450er-09
      MY trx has some mods like an full exhaust air filter and an oil filter my lid is on i bought a dyno jet kit stage 2 i read the instructions and changed the main jet supposibly but i didnt change any fuel needel on pilot jet when i turn on the bike its starts immidiatly but starts poopin and crackin on 5th gear when i go fast >>>?? why ...i feel like the bike should get some moore airshould i remove the lid or what??
    • By shaggy051385
      ok guys i have a little problem with my 185s i have tried beating and heating the rear brake drum but it just wont come off any ideas am i missing something here? ive got the outter plate off the one with 6 bolts and that slides right off now the problem i have is with the inner plate it has holes in it but i cant see anything holding it on can some one plz help me i like my trike and would hate to get rid of it just cuz i cant fix my little problem
    • By DeathMoose5000
      plz does any1 kno how i can improve my asvab score? i bought this big book and its like 500 pgs long and studyed the hole thing and that didnt work soo now im studyin it agian!! plz is there another way!