Quantcast

Gulf Coast Quad Racing Asso. race report

The Land Report:

As the Gulf Coast Quad Racing Association (GCQRA) continues its 2007 Pin It to Win It Series, the number of racers continues to grow and the faces on the podium continue to change.

With Round 1 and 2 Expert champion, Chris Brian sidelined with a serious neck injury, the first place money was up for grabs and the top riders in the area duked it out with some spectacular motos capped off with wins in round 3 by Craig Porter and Round 4 by Steven McBride. McBride fought off Media All-Star Austin Wilson at Beaumont MX in one of the better head to head matches of the day. These two exchanged stickers and phone numbers for the entire 6 laps of the expert main.

Travis Beyner beat out rounds 1 and 2 A class winner Ryan Callahan for the top shelf on the podium for round 4 while Marco Castillo took round 3. In the Sport Quad class, WPSA supermini racer Cody Land took his first win of the season in dramatic fashion over teammate and best friend, Tyler Webster. The Sport quad class is one of, if not the, most competitive class in the GCQRA with terrific battles among racers Garrett Baker, Cody Bales, Brent Sellers as well as Land and Webster.

In the B class, Skyler Jancowiak continued his dominance of the class with the win in round 3 while WPSA racer Josh Bateman took the W in round 4. Little Ty Cruse has established himself as the one to beat in the Stock Mini class with dominate wins in all 4 rounds.

With the growth of our women’s class, the gals are putting up terrific matches among front runners Debra Mercado and her daughter Curren as well as Angela Bryant and Kayla Melder.

The GCQRA is honored to have our season underwritten and sponsored by Honda of Houston and we welcome all those in the area to come out and experience not just the race but, the entire weekend’s festivities! Come experience the best show on dirt!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By ATVNetwork
      Round three of the 2024 ATV Motocross National Championship (ATVMX) Series, an AMA National Championship, headed to Lizella, Georgia to provide yet another action packed weekend of ATVMX racing on the sands of the Echeconnee MX facility. View the full article
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By ATVNetwork
      The ATV Motocross National Championship (ATVMX) Series, an AMA National Championship, rolled into the Underground MX Park in Kemp, Texas with a full schedule of racing on tap. View the full article
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.