Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

rocky450

2005 Yamaha YFZ - Not Turning Over

i have a 05 yfz with a brand new battery. There is an issue with it not starting now. You can hear the cliking noise but no turn over.Battery is charged fully but no start.HELP!!!!!!!!!!! What is the problem or anyadvice to fix and not go broke in the process

make sure all the connections at and from the battery to ground and starter are good. you can also 'jump' the solenoid/relay with a screwdriver or cables. if it jumps, your relay is gone ....

Pull out the plug and see if it cranks, I do that when my starter is going bad to see if it will turn without the compression.

took screwdriver and attempted to jump start and NO DICE! NO SOUND NOT ANYTHING! But will follow the advice given and hopefully progress. The weather is to nice to miss out like this. Plus, my neighbor has a Raptor I want to embarrass real bad.

Sounds like a possibly bad starter motor....you can always push start it for the mean time, for purposes of embrerasing the neighbor! :-)

Put a meter on the leads and make sure you are at least getting 12v to the starter. If I remember right even when you jump the starter there usally is a spark or something.

Check the ground wire and make sure it has good contact with the frame.

I would pull the starter and directly wire it to a 12v battery and see if I can get it to turn if the above does not work.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Shawn Hendershot
      Got myself another project. Got it running only to find it has a transmission problem. now I am trying to rebuild it but problem is the bolt that holds on the pull start recoil gear. Any ideas if this is left threaded or right threaded. Left loosy or righty tighty. 
      Thanks.
      Hender
    • By joseph
      my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted
    • By bradken19
      the king quad had sit for about 1 1/2 years. So I rebuilt the carb and now it will not start. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    • By Kevin Vlogs
      Hey Guys,
      I just bought my first Quad, a 2014 Sportsman 400 HO and want to replace the battery. It's not dead, but the voltage seems low and I'm not sure how old the battery is. What does everybody recommend for a replacement battery? Is there a difference that I should know about? I see Gel batteries, Regular Acid sealed batteries and a lot of different prices. Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Thomas Giles
      I have a 2017 Sportsman 570 SP with a power steering issue. Dealer tells me my machine is one that is not covered by recall and offers no help other than bring it in they will look at it. Any ideas?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ironfist104
      My wolverine has a new carb kit, new battery cranks over and over take it to the point of killing the battery to start sometime.... but it I give a tug on the start rope while I'm cranking it with the starter it fires right up.... any advice?
    • By izzydum1
      Any ideas on what would make a coil not fire? She was running fine, then began slow start. Now wont start at all.
    • By Suzuki24
      I have an 04 ltz and it started sputtering a little bit while going down the road and I was low on gas so I just figured that's what it was. But now I can't get it to start I completely cleaned the carberator put a new spark plug and coil pack in it and all it does is turn over. It has compression it's getting fuel and it is sparking but all it does is turn over any idea what it is??
    • By Srx_Man
      Hey I own stock why Yfz 450 and I'm just looking to slap a turbocharger on it.. I was just wondering if they're pretty compatible with these machines it is the carburetored version Yfz 450. I have all the piping hook ups / kit that's threw HURON SPEED an i also have turbo lined up for it gt 12.. I was just wondering what else I need to make this work? I know i would need to up the Jets and stuff for starter but Is it just that simple or do I need blow off valves and like some time on regulator on it or so forth? Trying get ideal what i would need