mb1968

2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 300 55W Driving Lamps

I installed 2 driving lights on the front of my 2012 300 Brute Force, My dad was walking by ,and added a comment " Better Watch it " you'll find yourself stranded. They are grounded , and the pwr wire goes thru a 2-pole simple switch.... on/off . I tapped into my cigerette lighter. Will that be a problem in the future it has a inline fuse. Does anyone think that adding a relay would be better than how i have installed it now ??? Comments would be appreciated !! Thanks All !!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Should be fine as long as you don't use the cigarette lighter at the same time and overload the circuit. Make sure you have an inline fuse.

* Added year, make, and model to thread title.

Yep got a inline fuse. Just wanted to keep the switching simple, thats why i used the two pole switch. My winch when they installed it tapped into the cig. lighter as well. But i gotcha dont use cig. lighter when running lights, dont use winch with lights on ,,, and so on. One more question i can use my regular headlights on the atv when running the driving lights , can't i ? I would think it would be ok, since the only thing pulling is driving lights !!