Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mb1968

2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 300 55W Driving Lamps

I installed 2 driving lights on the front of my 2012 300 Brute Force, My dad was walking by ,and added a comment " Better Watch it " you'll find yourself stranded. They are grounded , and the pwr wire goes thru a 2-pole simple switch.... on/off . I tapped into my cigerette lighter. Will that be a problem in the future it has a inline fuse. Does anyone think that adding a relay would be better than how i have installed it now ??? Comments would be appreciated !! Thanks All !!

Should be fine as long as you don't use the cigarette lighter at the same time and overload the circuit. Make sure you have an inline fuse.

* Added year, make, and model to thread title.

Yep got a inline fuse. Just wanted to keep the switching simple, thats why i used the two pole switch. My winch when they installed it tapped into the cig. lighter as well. But i gotcha dont use cig. lighter when running lights, dont use winch with lights on ,,, and so on. One more question i can use my regular headlights on the atv when running the driving lights , can't i ? I would think it would be ok, since the only thing pulling is driving lights !!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Victor
      My father-in-law gave my boy a 1999 350 Big Bear. It's been sitting in a barn for a bunch of years. It runs great! My boy has been riding a couple weeks now and it has developed a squeal coming from the front end when you get off the gas at speed. No noise during acceleration. At first I thought brakes. I took it for a ride and I don't think it is the brakes. I feel it is the front prop shaft U-joints, front differential or one/both axles. I pulled the fill plug on the differential and I can't find anywhere how much gear oil should be in there. My gut says up to the fill opening. It doesn't have a manual. It's wet in there, just don't see any gear oil.

#1 Should I fill the differential with gear oil up to the fill opening?

#2 How do I check or know if the u-joints are bad? That looks like a "Big Bear" of a job if they don't need to be replaced.

#3 What else could it be? I don't think it is the front bearings. I jacked the front wheels off ground and no play in the right wheel. Very little play in the left wheel, looks like the lower control bushing is where that play is coming from. The rubber CV boots look original but all still intact. Wheels spin easily without any noise.

Thanks for any help!
    • By Erik Plug
      Hi all,

Picked up my first Brute Force yesterday. What should have been an awesome afternoon of riding turn a bit into a deception. As I was unable to really take it out for a test drive at the shop, I decided to buy it and agreed that I would take the test drive at home. 
      When giving full throttle I noticed that the Brute was choking and lost all of its powers. Faulty fuel pump most likely. 
      Called the shop and the are coming to pick it up and repair it and bring it back. Good service. Nevertheless feels a bit sour in the mouth as I was told it was a 100% good. 
      Need to have some patience I now before I can really start riding. 
      Cheers,
      Erik
    • By Jeremy Morris
      If you're getting that pesky leaky seal on the pinion of your front differential and the pinion has allot of play, polaris won't sell the bushing needed to repair it properly without having to shell out big bucks for the complete ring and pinion kit. 
      I have a kit with an upgraded bushing, Japanese made bearing and USmade seal
      50 shipped in the US and 55 to Canada

• By Belmontie
      Hi bought a 2012 kingquad ASI last year a great machine which is a delight to ride, but I find sometimes it doesn’t go into top gear just revs high at about 42mph. Any idea ???

• Similar Tagged Content

• By seth
      Well the instrument lights on the 95 425 magnum are all out so i decided to replace them with led's Turned out looking really nice. Don't have an after shot but here is the during shots..
      Little Time, super bright Led's red blue green orange, and some resistors it turned out pretty cool looking...
      and will never burn out!!!!

• By ejtaylor25
      OK long story short....bike was running great no problems and i was back in the woods one day and it stalled .It wouldnt restart ,kept wanting to but it wouldnt.I towed it home.It sat in garage for a week ,i would try starting it every couple days ,it wouldnt.Then one day it fires right up.I kept starting it once a week with no problems.Then after a month same thing just wouldnt start.I but a battery tender on it for a day, then it fired right up,problem fixed i thought.So i turned it off and tried again and it just turns......IM going crazy over this thing,the battery is good.....
      Any help would be super
    • By DJLime
      I don't know if there's anyother thread of this. But the Hippie's are trying to banned all type of offroading from ATV's to Trucks.
      So here's a quote I got to pass on to my other ATV site's
      I signed it I'm #993.