Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

raybob

2000 Suzuki Quadmaster 500 Stator

Is it hard to replace a stator on a 2000 quadmaster 500. tryed everything else,, ordered stator will be here soon. thanks Raybob in Kentucky

it's probably one of the easiest fixes on a bike. take the cover off, 6-8 bolts and you're inside. 3 bolts usually holding the stator in and 2 phillips head screws holding the pick up coil. make sure you thread the wiring tight and one connection .... you can do it in an hour or less ...

on a 2000 quad master is the stator location on the left side under the pull rope or on the belt side. if you are setting on the atv the pull rope is on your left side. thanks getting ready to change the stator

oxidized black got the pull rope off all the bolts out of the stator cover, unhooked the two water lines and removed the hoses,, pulled off the gear that the starter goes into about a 9/16 bolt head in the center. now I see three screws do they have to come out to get the cover off,, cover is loose. I dont want to break anything thanks for the help. Raybob

yes it helps a lot on the housing that covers the stator the last one with the green x to the left of c and bolt looks like a pin going strait up and down does it have to come out. thanks for all the help. Ray

i see the bolts,, this one has no threads and going up not pointing the same direction as the other bolts

I have removed all the bolts that hold the cover on,, removed the water pump,,, cover rocks back and forth but it seems like something in center is holding it on,, there are three Philips screws .is there is a snap ring on the shaft. I have given up dont want to break the cover 2000 quad master 500 4x4, thanks Ray

I am going to change the oil and also change the final gear oil since some leaked out where do you drain the final gear oil and fill final gear oil and fill it. Ray

oxid black got my quad master fixed it was the voltage regulator. running good front brakes sticking hope it will free up. also have to adjust the back brakes. I just wanted to thank oxi black for his help. Raybob