Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Oldbugs

New guy from florida

With......yep...a carb question. I recently became the owner of an 02 zuki LTF250F quadrunner. I'm the second owner with only 136 mi. on the clock, it's about as OG as it gets with everything still original and in perfect shape. Well the other day it started idling fast then slow then fast, you get the idea. Now this isn't my first go around with an atv so I figured the carb needed a good cleaning. I bought a rebuild kit through my local Zuki dealer and went to work, well the bowl was full of trash! Completely disassembled it and cleaned it all out, then blew it all out with air, poked around all the little holes and what not to make sure it was clean. I reassembled it and put it all back together and pulled the choke gave the starter button a tap and vroom! Fired right up! Sweet! Let it idle for a bit turned off the choke and purrs like a kitty, gave her a little throttle......uh oh...bogged out and stalled. Hmm maybe carb not full of fuel. Tap the start button, vroom fires right up, give it a lil throttle, Boggs down and dies. Hmmm now I've search all over this site and tried everything that I found like the fuel valve and intake leaks also check all the lines to the carb but I find nothing. What happened? It was running great other than the idle surging, now it won't rev up. Any ideas? Thanks Kelly. Oh and the plug was wet and black if that helps. Thanks again.

welcome to QC !!

i send everyone to cheriah, a member here, with carb problems. she's a whiz and is more than helpful.

send her a message and she'll reply as soon as she gets it. good luck !!

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! Sounds likdtoo much fuel maybe? Wet and black? Like the plug is fouling out. If you take the plug out and clean it, will it fire up?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• Similar Topics

• By AKMichael
      Hello All,
      I have a 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 trying to get fixed up so my grandson can go out in the woods with me.
      We have owned it over 10 years.  It got harder to start, until it finally would not.  Replaced the carb.  Right afterwards, it started and ran nicely, but after turning it off, would not restart.  Tonight I used starting fluid and ran, then died.  Adjusted the idle up a little, used more starting fluid and ran great.  It idled about 15 minutes.  Turned it off, and restarted.  Ran it around the yard about 5 minutes.  Turned it off, and would not restart.
      Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
      Thank you. 
    • By ScrappyD
      Hi All, 
      New here and have a quad project (in the title) that needs alot of work! So I'll be bugging you guys from time to time with some Q's 
      It's even got a cracked frame (in a couple of places), never been washed in it's life and is a bit of wreck but the girlfriend likes it so thats my life for the nexct however long lol

Cheers
      ScrappyD
    • By JonBat68
      I have a 99 250 Quadrunner. Currently has no spark. It would run for 5 minutes, then shut off. After it cooled down about 20-30 minutes, it would start again. I ordered a new stator and found the old one was damaged (copper windings broken)  I installed the new stator, filled with oil and now it has no spark. Any assistance would be helpful
    • By SirMaxwell
      Any luck with manuals?

I need a carb in the owrst way and am have gone down a lot of rabbit holes (over 90 tabs and counting). Factory calls for a Mikuni BST34/1 (I think, but need to check manual). I don't care what or who makes the carb, just need a basic reliable carb. No Racing etc, just puttering. I currently only have the cable with the round slide attached.
      Don't care if its round if I know what other parts to get to  make it all function.

Thanks for help, and listening, gonna go chase more rabbits I guess.

Max
    • By Roy Anderson
      I have had a 2002 Suzuki King Quad 500 for almost a year. This is a question I’ve posted before, but likely missed the answer due to being new to the site. Here’s the issue. When in 4 wheel drive, especially in low range, especially when pulling a load downhill, I hear a lot of clanking in the front end. As if the front drive shaft was binding then unbinding. A friend who had a 1987 Dodge 4x4, told me all the noise his front end made when in 4 wheel drive was entirely normal. So, is this something I should worry about? I have all the bodywork and tank off right now doing a valve adjustment and carb rebuild. If I gotta do something, I’d like to do it now. Lastly, I’d love to find a carb tuning guide for this era of Mikuni. Haven’t tracked one down yet. Any thoughts of where to find one? Great forum. Have really enjoyed it so far.