Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Karbman

1984 Honda ATC 250R - Carburator Problems

I am new here. I just rebuilt the motor in my 1984 250R. it has a 72mm piston in it now and i dont think i am getting enough gas. any help at all is greatly appreciated. i dont know where to start with different jets, or if i need a different carb. Once again thanks.

hey, sorry, didn't realize it was a 3 wheeler, gave you info for a suzuki.

here's a shop manual for the 85 and 86 250r

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2000 Yamaha Kodiak fuel leaking out of the carb drain

Hey guys, Looking for some info on a 2000 Yamaha Kodiak.  When I leave it sitting I get fuel leaking out of the carb drain.  What causes this?  Float stuck? 

By nel79, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • 2005 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 won't start

Hi guys, trying to get a quad running again. It was running fine but the electric start did not work. My uncle was using it and the pull start snapped. So I replaced the pull start and electric starter motor. Now it just cranks and cranks but will not start. I have spark, I have fuel to the carb, I know this is a 2 stroke with a separate oil tank, what else should i check?

By TheJester517, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 8 replies
    • 2000 Kawa Bayou 220, Carb issues?

So I bought a Bayou 220 as me 'Black Friday' score, and was informed it has carb issues..  A little history from the previous owner: they suspected the carb was bad as it was 'running like crap' so they did a rebuid kit on it. Didn't fix issue so they took it to a shop where the tech installed an aftermarket(?) carb, but had to modify the throttle cable to get it to work. Quad ran great at 1/4 throttle, but anything above that and the throttle would stick and the machine would run like garbage again. What I know and think: I hear carb issues are common and fairly easy to fix. Also, I think they used the 'universal' rebuild kit that claims '88-'11, but the jets and such were different from '00-'03 (gaskets, etc. appear to be the same) so their original attempt was a good idea, just not good enough. They did give me the original carburetor with the 4-wheeler, but it has the wrong internals. I'm thinking if I can get the right jets, springs, etc for the rebuild, I should be able to get this thing running right. Of course, I still need to charge the battery back up, change all the fluids, replace fuel lines, plug and wire.. ya know, the basics for a machine that's been sitting for roughly 9 months. lol

By Squirrel, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 10 replies
    • YFM250 carb problems not running right

I have a yamaha beartracker 250 (yfm250) its not running right. starts fine mostly ...idles but if i give it gas it boggs out and dies before it even can carry its self ... I cleaned the carb ... put everything back and same issue. so i bought a new carb and intake boot.... replaced both things and still the issue persists.  So i have a new carb .... does the Air fuel mixture need to be set on the new carb? If so how do i do that? i ave looked everywhere for details on my bike and carb but cannot find anywhere that reads that the skrew needs to be adjusted out to  7 full turns or somthing to that effect..   The bike ran fine until bad gas was put into it... i did remove and empty the gas tank. removed petcock cleaned and rebuilt that..... i also noticed that the new carb ....the bottom skrew for draining the bowl was closed all the way when i got it.. carb wouldnt get gas until i loosened it... now the bowl will drain ... i thought that that float stops this from happeneing....am i wrong?      

By Austin Phillips, in General ATV Discussion

• 2 replies
    • Kazuma Falcon 150 First Successful Start

Kazuma Falcon 150 First successful start after several years of employment. She was relieved to find that nothing was connected, everything was cut off, incomplete. No pipes or pipes, parts are missing $ 175!There was hardly a screw, the fasteners had plastic fasteners!  Kazuma Falcon 150.mp4

By Knave, in Kazuma ATV Forum

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Kingquad1
      Hello I am new hear. I just purchased a 1998 Big Bear. It was sitting for 3yrs in storage. The guy I bought it from got the carb cleaned and it runs good. I am having problems with the neutral light. When I shift into neutral the light does not come on. If I mess with the gear shifter, I can get it to come on so I can start it. I can still pull the hand brake and start it that way. I cant find the neutral safity switch on this machine. Any suggestions would be great.
    • By JenWal85
      Hope someone can help with this one.
      We took our 1984 Honda TRX 200 to the shop and they had it for about 2 weeks before they finally called and said that they had cleaned the carb and changed the battery and that it had started up.
      We went and got it and when we got home it would not start so we called them, they said bring it back in, so we did. They called us the next day and said they changed the spark plug, and that it was running. We went and got it again and it ran when we drove it off the truck.
      We parked it for about an hour because we were going to get ready to go on a ride. Well, it wouldnt start again.
      So we called them and they said the last thing they could do was order a new CDI box and put that on. I decided to just buy it myself, so I didnt have to pay them labor again. We put the new one on today and its still not starting.
      Does anyone have any ideas on what we could check to see what in the world is going on with this thing?
      Please and Thank you
    • By atvinca
      I just picked up a really clean 1995 Moto 4 350. It runs great, but it will only go into one forward gear, neutral and reverse. I can run the shifter up and down and it will finally find a gear, or neutral. What should I do to trouble shoot this?
      Does anyone have a service/repair manual for this model?
      Thanks!
    • By Kamo
      i was given a 2003 Polaris trailblazer 250! I have tried 2 different carbs that I purchased off of eBay and they were garbage. Brilliantly Polaris discontinued the carb for the trailblazer, is their anything out there that is compatible??!
    • By bayouman
      I have a 1992 Kawasaki bayou 300 4x4. My initial problem it would not run unless full choke was on. So I tried cleaning carb and installed a rebuild kit and it ran bit better but not much. So I replaced carb and spark plug and regulator/rectifier. During testing of new carb the rectifier burned up so I replaced it. Now it fires up and idles fine but it backfires when you rev it up and then it will die as if the key was turned off. Now I know that the coil, cdi box, and stator are all connected. But I don't want to replace any unnecessary parts . This seems to be a ignition/electrical problem. I could really use some advice here as how to go about this. Thanks.