Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

X250sxman

Did I destroy my rear carrier?

Was looking into reasons why my chain snapped on my '01 Scrambler 500 and was checking out the rear axle and found more front to back play on the rear axle than I ever want to see again.....

Got the axle out to check the bearings and I found that the right side (sprocket side) bearings were completely demolished, like there was nothing in there... I'm hoping this didn't destroy my rear carrier but since I have never once in my life replaced bearings I'm not sure really what I'm looking at (see pics below)... do I just need to replace the bearings/seals or is the rear carrier trashed?

[ATTACH]1399[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1400[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1401[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1402[/ATTACH]

57d77342dfa53_4wheeler008.jpg.8acc8b583ac6184c2dfcd17d18503d22.jpg

57d77342e2161_4wheeler010.jpg.f8046297d38bcebdcea0e7aa829ec02f.jpg

57d77342e5417_4wheeler013.jpg.3f6776b723b7fc4dbf14aa60439479b4.jpg

57d77342e86de_4wheeler015.jpg.8b341e0572f9b978c7d1387347e7992c.jpg

I would take the rear carrier totally apart and clean it real good that way you can make a bettet decision. If the races arent chewed up nor the axle you might be ok but you have to take measurements to be sure

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

As long as the races aren't destroyed you should be ok. I completely killed my bearings a couple times and had no damage to the carrier. The last round the play in my back axle was so bad the chain actually came off the sprocket. It didn't break it just came off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l04khpHiVDg]I broke my Quad - YouTube[/ame]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kevin Nicoll
      Anyone familiar with these models? Its a new to me quad, picked it up for basically nothing... Just time and materials now, this looks expensive. 

• By StolenATV
      I bought it a few years ago and with my busy work i decided i should give it to my nephew and brother to use on my moms farm . it needed repairs so it went to a friend he knew to fix it and instead of the guy fixing it he sold it . recently that person was arrested fir stealing other atvs . the person he sold it to traded it again .
      the front tires are mud lights
      the carb wirjs but the bowl overflow leaking fuel
      the airbox is burnt
      the front brakes where removed
      the clutch engages won’t go faster than 10mph
      the headlight wires were removed because i had a spotlight put on it
      also the front wheel drive doesn’t work because the magnets in the hubs were removed
      The post Stolen Polaris Scrambler appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Aaron Ruiz
      Hey I'm new to the Forum but I just wanted to talk about my Scrambler I just picked up and when I first picked it up I thought it was okay but after I got home and everything I noticed it's very hard to shift into drive neutral reverse it is possible to shift into those gears but it's very stiff like and it takes a lot for it to actually engage to move forward. In Drive when I press on the gas it takes a while for it to actually start moving in the RPMs go up before it starts moving I inspected the belt it looks fine to me I checked the transmission fluid and it was low so I put some. I just hope transmission is not out just curious if you guys have any ideas
    • By StolenATV
      On Wednesday, September 18, our ATV was stolen from in front of our house after the locks were cut. This was around 2-3:15 AM.
      We realize the likelihood of ever finding the four-wheeler again is slim to none, but we had to try and put the word out there. We have put countless hours in to restoring this Banshee. It was more than just a passion project, it also was our investment for a down payment for our future house. We are devastated and beyond heart-broken. If you see any suspicious postings on Facebook Marketplace, Letgo, Craigslist, etc., or have any other information, please contact us or the Prince William County PD.
      *Update* We received a tip last night that it was possibly posted on Facebook Marketplace around 8AM yesterday morning with only pictures of the front and of the back of the ATV. The description only said: PM for more details. This came up in someone’s FB Marketplace feed that has it set for a 50 mile radius from Hartwood, VA. She also has her feed set to automatically translate everything into Spanish, so It could also possibly be posted in Spanish.
      WHAT WAS STOLEN:
      2004 Yamaha Banshee YFZ 350
      White plastics with bright green and pink graphics/stickers
      STOLEN FROM:
      Prince William County, Triangle, Virginia
      $500 REWARD FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO RECOVERY. BONUS FOR CONVICTION.
      The post Stolen From Our Front Porch – 2004 Yamaha Banshee YFZ 350 appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Mo Salem
      So my front hub broke, I’d like to put aftermarket on. Hard to find new oe ones. Please help. I’m new to all of this, I have some car knowledge and try to apply it
  • Similar Tagged Content