pmnova

2011 Yamaha Grizzly 450 - Winch Install

Im installing a winch and im not sure were to tie in the keyed power on wire. Any recommendations guys?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

In the event there is no wire blank, take a test light and probe the wires in back of the ignition switch. With the key on only, find the wire with power. Then splice into that wire and connect it to the solenoid for the winch. Do Not forget to heat shrink any connection and make shue you solder the splice as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Racer944
      Hi Folks;
      Has anybody on here installed a winch on a 2003 Magnum 2x4? I am using a Cycle Country adapter plate (only one I could find), but am having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit properly, and am looking for someone that may have done this install and/or may have some pics of the installation.
      Thanks!
      Eric
    • By Srx_Man
      Hey I own stock why Yfz 450 and I'm just looking to slap a turbocharger on it.. I was just wondering if they're pretty compatible with these machines it is the carburetored version Yfz 450. I have all the piping hook ups / kit that's threw HURON SPEED an i also have turbo lined up for it gt 12.. I was just wondering what else I need to make this work? I know i would need to up the Jets and stuff for starter but Is it just that simple or do I need blow off valves and like some time on regulator on it or so forth? Trying get ideal what i would need
    • By greatwhite
      I looked through many of the threads and could find it was wondering if anyone could post a link to a PDF Service Manual 2008 Kodiak 450.
      I found one for 2005 but I am sure there are differences.
      Thanks all
    • By toonces
      My mother has just developed a fairly serious case of sciatica, which is a condition where you have some serious leg pain as the result of a pinched sciatic nerve. One of the exercises she does in physical therapy is simply the therapist holding onto her foot and pulling away from her hips as she lays on her back on a table. To replicate this exercise at home they have recommended an inversion table (where you turn upside down and hang from your feet), but since she's not too keen on this idea I'm trying to figure out how to replicate this exercise...which is where the idea of a remotely operated winch comes in.
      I don't really have a wide range of knowledge when it comes to what equipment is out there that can help me accomplish this goal, but I'm not too shabby at designing things and since I just installed a superwinch on my grizz this is the first idea I've come up with.
      Basically I'm imagining using some kind of winch whose rope would be worked through a pulley system that would end attached to a shoe which Mom would put on, lie down and use the remote switch to gently stretch the leg.
      - Winch (if an ATV winch) would be powered by a 12v car battery hooked up to a trickle charger
      - Safety mechanisms would include...
      - a light switch dimmer inline between the 12v battery and the winch so speed can be adjusted.
      - possibly using one of those stretchy rubber exercise resistance bands in the line segment to regulate and ease the pulling
      - a remote power cut off switch paired with the remote 'in/out' switch
      Honestly I could just go ahead and make this system myself, and I'm fairly sure it would work, but I thought I'd bounce this idea off a mechanically minded community to see if there are any ideas how I could improve on the design.
      Since I'm only familiar with ATV winches at this point that's what I've imagined using. But if anyone is aware of a 110v based winch that would be more appropriate, that would surely help in simplifying powering the system since it'll be located indoors. Only requirement for the winch would be that it would need both an in and out function operated by a remote switch. And since the winch would only need to pull between 10-20 lbs it wouldn't need to be nearly as beefy as the ATV type.
      Sorry for the long write up here but I'm certainly glad for your time and open to your opinions and suggestions.