Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pmnova

2011 Yamaha Grizzly 450 - Winch Install

Im installing a winch and im not sure were to tie in the keyed power on wire. Any recommendations guys?

In the event there is no wire blank, take a test light and probe the wires in back of the ignition switch. With the key on only, find the wire with power. Then splice into that wire and connect it to the solenoid for the winch. Do Not forget to heat shrink any connection and make shue you solder the splice as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• adding power steering to Sportsman 450

Hi all, I bought a 2018 used 450 for my wife. She is having trouble with some of the real rocky trails close to our home. Her arms give out in an hour or two so I was thinking of adding power steering . Is this possible ? Anyone done this ? 

By kgard, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • Where do you guys ride?

Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.

By bradley nelson, in Where To Ride Your ATV

• 4 replies
    • Recoil Starter- Need help re-Installing the spring

'97 Bayou 300 4x4 KLF-300C, but not really brand or model specific.  I'm having trouble re-installing the Big Coil Spring in the recoil (pull rope) starter. I'm hoping someone knows an easy tip or trick. Thanks for all the help this forum has given me already! 

By EagleAl, in General ATV Discussion

• 5 replies
    • 2000 Arctic Cat 500 no power

I traded my dirt bike for a 2000 arctic cat 500 semi automatic. when i went to go pick it up the guy said it didn't get spark, so i thought it was going to be something simple like a coil. well it wasn't. first thing i did was take all the plastics off to get easy asses to every thing. so i bought a brand new battery for it seeing if it got power, it didn't. the dash wouldn't light up neither would the lights, so then i tried to see if the starter worked it didn't so i jumped the solenoid and the starter started turning over the motor. so i bought a new starter solenoid, when i installed it the electric start still wouldn't work , so i bought a new kill switch and starter switch that goes on the handle bars, when i installed it, the electric start still wouldn't work. so then i went to see if i could get spark by pull starting it, i didn't get any spark, so i bought a new spark plug, and guess what, still no spark, so then i bought a new coil for it to see if that would fix it. so i installed the new coil and guess what no spark still and still no power to the dash. so to sum it up i'm not getting any power any where to the four wheeler. so i cleaned all the leads and plugs and still nothing. so then yesterday i took the wiring apart to see if their was any frayed wires, and no their wasn't. does any one have any ideas what this could be i'm up for anything. also if any one knows how to bypass all the wiring just to get it to start i open to that to, or if someone knows where  i can get a wiring diagram.

By skymankila69, in Arctic Cat ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • Yamaha moto 4 250 low power

Hey guys I have a Yamaha moto 4 250 that was running great now all of a sudden I have low power. It starts up and idles great and engine sounds fine no knocking or ticking or anything like that. I can ride it and sometimes its like you flicked a switch and the power comes back for a minute and then it goes away again. I've changed the spark plug, cleaned the carb and it made no difference. I'm thinking the stator could be going bad but id like to find out more before I spend the money on it. 

By moto4guy, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 4 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Racer944
      Hi Folks;
      Has anybody on here installed a winch on a 2003 Magnum 2x4? I am using a Cycle Country adapter plate (only one I could find), but am having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit properly, and am looking for someone that may have done this install and/or may have some pics of the installation.
      Thanks!
      Eric
    • By Srx_Man
      Hey I own stock why Yfz 450 and I'm just looking to slap a turbocharger on it.. I was just wondering if they're pretty compatible with these machines it is the carburetored version Yfz 450. I have all the piping hook ups / kit that's threw HURON SPEED an i also have turbo lined up for it gt 12.. I was just wondering what else I need to make this work? I know i would need to up the Jets and stuff for starter but Is it just that simple or do I need blow off valves and like some time on regulator on it or so forth? Trying get ideal what i would need