Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Tires questions

Getch

New to ATV's so have some general questions on best proctices and repairs.

This weekend a buddy came over with his 4 wheeler. He is much more experieinced and in my haste to try to keep up, I seem to have dented a front rim a bit.

That tire is noticably lost some air but it does not appear to be bad enough to go full flat.

First, I think I can knock the dent back with a ball peen or a BFH and a cold chisel. Is there any other tips and fixing this sort of dent in the rim?

Last question is on air pressure. I was very surprised at how low the pressure is recommended. The tires on the bike are Bear Claws. Rather aggressive tread. Is there any rule on pressure vs terrain? Does one always stay with the recommended or do you go over a bit in rockier stuff?

I am not sure if the dent came from a rock or a tree stump.

btw...pretty much thrashed the bike Saturday! It was a blast and it performed like a champ! Got stuck only once in some really deep muck on my property. Definately need to add a winch to it sooner than later!