Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jeffreyscott

Winch Remote - Have A Question

i just went over to the motor sports store and got a remote for my winch it used to i just got the four wheeler a little while ago im trying to touble shoot it and was just wondering if anybody had that issue before thanks jeff

i just went over to the motor sports store and got a remote for my winch it used to i just got the four wheeler a little while ago im trying to touble shoot it and was just wondering if anybody had that issue before thanks jeff

jeffreyscott, If you could be a little more clear and specific with your question I think it would help in answering your question.

I can tell you that some of the more expensive winches use a remote that have both a forward and a reverse, the least expensive winches do not have a reverse only a forward the reverse is done manually by hand.

sorry guys i got it going and now im just ready to put new tires on her and take her for a spin lol but the remote has a reverse and a foward button in and out thanks guys i ll get back to ya later

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Quadzilla starting issue

Hi I have a 2008 quadzilla 320e ,engine is sound but takes a lot of starting when left a day or so turns over well misfires ,change plug and starts straight up and will run fine and restart at the touch of the button anyone point me in right direction where to look  thanks

By Gary Patch, in General Talk - Anything Goes!

• 4 replies
    • 1993 KLF300C bayou gasket issue

Hi everyone, Just looking for some advice on a Bayou 300 that I am working on cleaning up and rebuilding. I bought the beast for 200 and am going to be into it for about 1200 all said and done. I decided after changing the oil three times in just around three hours of driving and having it come out completely black that something was up. That and the clutches were slipping. I believe now that the previous owners had not used the correct oil for the wet clutch system. Both were toasted and nearly metal on metal. Anyway, when I started opening it up I realised there was a massive amount of sludge and gunk inside so I decided to crack open the crank case as well to clean it all up nice while I had the motor out.  This is my question now, I cannot for the life of me find a gasket any where that is for between the two crankcase halves. Is that normal. There was gasket material that was between them originally that would not be reused. Can I just use a gasket maker like ultra black or something of the sorts or am I best off to get gasket material and painstakingly cut out all the shapes and lines and get a gasket made that way? Or does someone know where I could get a gasket? Thanks in advance everyone. Byron

By Byron Tuininga, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 1990 Suzuki LT 4wd need help running issue

my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted

By joseph, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 34 replies
    • Early 2000s Polaris Trail Boss 325 4 Stroke Fuel Issue

I wanted to ask this question before I pull this thing apart and dig into the carb. Very seldom used for a couple years but took it out the other day and it ran like crap. Blows black smoke on throttle (unburnt fuel) and sound like a multi cylinder engine with a misfire. Won't rev very high on full throttle but seems to be smooth at about 1/3 or less throttle. Choke doesn't seem to do anything and thinking perhaps it's stuck closed. If I turn off the fuel and let it run for a minute It will rev like normal under full throttle until it stalls out from no fuel but as soon as I open the fuel line again it goes right back to running rich/flooding.   Any help or ideas would be great. Trying to avoid tearing it apart and rebuilding the carb but the only thing I can think is the choke is stuck cause with the fuel off it will rev just fin seemingly as it's emptying the float bowl.

By Brian Haley, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 13 replies
    • HARLEY DAVIDSON ATV - 4 WHEELER

FOR SALE: $10,800 or best offer.

Custom built Street Legal Harley Davidson 4 Wheeler . 

Answer to your first question ...
      YES, you can drive it anywhere.. on highways.. back roads... neighborhoods.. off road... ANYWHERE ITS LEGAL FOR CARS or 4-Wheelers !

This took a lot of work and effort with many divisions of the transportation dept. and through multiple attorneys advice.

This is one of only two 4 wheelers that are street legal in the U.S.A. (Excluding Montana, parts of Arizona, and New York).

Now for the details. 

Its a 1989 Harley Davidson Frame and Engine.
      The motor is matching numbers to frame and title.
      The motor is 883cc beefed up to 1200cc.

This bike has too many upgrades to list as you can see in the pictures.

Please ask questions if needed.

This bike has been in Dirt Rider Mag and several other places.

There is more than $20,000 in parts and man hours put into this bike.

Additional Upgrades I will be starting this month:
      Turn Signal Relay and Dakota Digital Upgraded Speedometer

This bike has Super Swamper Vampire tires in some pics (THESE ARE NOT STREET LEGAL TIRES) and do not come with bike.

This bike has STI Black Diamond Tires with black STI3 rims in other pics. (THESE ARE DOT APPROVED TIRES AND ARE STREET LEGAL).

This bike also has ROAD Street Tires too.... 

YES 2 SETS OF TIRES !

All 2 sets of tires and rims are included in price.

Top speed is around 100mph-140mph. This thing will move. 

Be the first to own a 4 wheeler on the road and in the woods... 

Please call 812-305-11 nine six I live in Lexington. KY

By h1000101b, in ATV For Sale? Post it here.

• 5 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By neo33ny
      Long story short, I have an lt160 with a quad racer swingarm. It needs new front pivot bearings. Whoever swapped the swingarm used pipe and stacks of washers to space it but it still seemed to have quite a bit of play. My question is how would I go about spacing it more "legit"?. It's just going to be a beater for around the farm but I don't want it totally cob jobbed. From the looks of it, it's just a matter of aligning it, measuring and finding something to shim the gaps. Correct me if I'm wrong or if there's a better or proper way to go about this. Also not sure what I would use for spacers. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • By jimbo1944
      Greetings,
      I have a 1998 Yamaha big bear 350, new to this. When its cold it is very difficult to shift. Once its warm its ok, however, my old feet don't like the shifting. I saw on ebay a hand shifter conversion kit. Any advice, I live in the Low Country of SC no hills, I use the machine around the farm for corning and scouting.
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • By spitfire
      Found and 1986 lt160f that has had the head removed. Firstly, the engine has sat outside in the elements for a long period of time. The timing chain is rusty but their appears to little or water in the oil. Do you think that it is worth salvaging and if so, what would you do to motor to remove the rust. Thanks
    • By jeffreyscott
      i got a 2003 polaris sportsman 500 ho when i start it up it idles ok but when i go it squeals and shuts off like something is locking up thanks jeff
    • By jeffreyscott
      whats the trick to getting the rear cv axle out of the transmission or pumpkin shell in the back the cv axle snapped now im trying to get it out thanks for your time jeff:skeptic: