Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2004 400 Man 4 link issue and prop yoke issue

smallkiller

First post! Lets get to business. I picked up an Arctic Cat 400 a few weeks back and I've gotten to the last few repairs before she will be ready to ride.

I'm missing the prop yoke that comes from the gearcase but after checking arcticcatpartshouse.com I noticed the diagram differed from my actually set up. The opposite yoke is actually welded onto a 3 bolt flange for mine but they don't show that on their diagram.

Also I noticed this intense side to side motion from the 4 link suspension. The rear axle has been replaced and the suspension redone but I don' think it was done correctly because it has about 4 inches of side to side play. In my mind it could be one of two things, the link brackets are in the wrong location or the bushing are completely shot.

And my bike is also full time 4x4.... I didn't even know the 400 could come like that lol

Thank you for your time =)

Dream Car Giveaway

what happens if you go a year or two back or ahead with the diagrams for the proper parts?

it might have been a real chop job if the rear axle was replaced with something different or off another year etc.

alot of full time 4 wheel bikes are out there, seems it's alot less expensive to put a solenoid in and have the convenience of 2 to 4 select ... full time 4 = armstrong steering