Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

smallkiller

2004 400 Man 4 link issue and prop yoke issue

First post! Lets get to business. I picked up an Arctic Cat 400 a few weeks back and I've gotten to the last few repairs before she will be ready to ride.

I'm missing the prop yoke that comes from the gearcase but after checking arcticcatpartshouse.com I noticed the diagram differed from my actually set up. The opposite yoke is actually welded onto a 3 bolt flange for mine but they don't show that on their diagram.

Also I noticed this intense side to side motion from the 4 link suspension. The rear axle has been replaced and the suspension redone but I don' think it was done correctly because it has about 4 inches of side to side play. In my mind it could be one of two things, the link brackets are in the wrong location or the bushing are completely shot.

And my bike is also full time 4x4.... I didn't even know the 400 could come like that lol

Thank you for your time =)

what happens if you go a year or two back or ahead with the diagrams for the proper parts?

it might have been a real chop job if the rear axle was replaced with something different or off another year etc.

alot of full time 4 wheel bikes are out there, seems it's alot less expensive to put a solenoid in and have the convenience of 2 to 4 select ... full time 4 = armstrong steering

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      I live in Minnesota and bought a 2016 CFORCE 500 HO. I am in hope to see if there is anyone in the US that is experiencing this sudden drop off in RPM below 4000 RPM. I have uploaded some videos of my issue on YouTube. I will list three of the four I posted. The fourth can be found on my channel but it is a comparison between my Polaris 570 and my CFORCE 500.
      I quit on my first dealer because we just did not mix well together. I brought it to another CFMOTO dealer that just became a CFMOTO dealer in January 2016. They are in a large ranch and agriculture area in a neighboring state that is pretty close to where I live. They have close to every brand available. They are a much larger dealer than the first one I bought the unit from.
      I brought the unit three weeks ago to them and they have worked on it a good solid week and have given up on it. I have read reports from owners in Canada that the dealers there were aware of the issue and have had success in fixing the herky jerky drivability issue.
      I am picking it up tomorrow and bringing it back home. It has been to the trails of the Black Hills this year and was new in late April. 300 miles on it. It has never changed. Very hard to ride on the trails or when I herd livestock.
      Here are the links to my videos.

I can't accept that this is normal operation. Does anyone from CFMOTO China scan these posts?
      I need help that CFMOTO USA has not provided.
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By izzydum1
      Any ideas on what would make a coil not fire? She was running fine, then began slow start. Now wont start at all.
    • By kiwisteve
      Hi Folks
      MY Ltf 400 has power and electric start turns motor over, but wont start...
      seems no spark
      im told stalled in paddock and wont start again
      any suggestions please