Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I have a stock 2001 TRX 350 rancher 2 wheel drive. Been going rockcrawling on it and have had backfiring on downhills. Pulled carb and went from stock 130 main jet to a 142, replaced slow jet from 42 to a 45, reset the jet needle from stock 3rd slot to 4th slot and have the A/F screw at 3 turns out. Have Uni filter in stock air box. Bike is now hitting rev limiter in all gears, and will pull front wheels off ground. Can go from full throttle to no throttle and not noticing any popping now. My question for anyone, has anyone done similar changes? Any suggestions for other improvements? Don't really want to change exhaust, don't really need any more power and don't want anymore noise, but, would consider a quieter pipe. Also, I see that the thermosensor on this bike is set around 308 degrees, I have noticed that I can ride the heck out of the bike and I don't hear the fan come on. I have tested the fan and just replaced the thermo switch because I thought it wasn't working. Anyone had any issues with this?

Thanks, Anthony

Oh, ride in NW Arkansas, elevations between 1200 and 2000 feet.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Timothy Doerr, Jr
      Hey y'all. I have a Yamaha ymf 250 BearTracker. I got this thing for free from people whose son tore it to hell. So it wasn't in great shape to begin with. i.e. no indicator lights (neutral light for instance), no ignition switch or key( wires were twisted together to make it run), get the picture yet? 
      So when it ran it ran rough and I got it running for a year or two, just something fun for the kids to ride on with me on gravels.
      Now just randomly, the start button stopped working so I had to jump the solenoid, then put a temp start switch in. Kill switch would still work. 
      However, the thing has no spark what-so-ever. I've check continuity through the start button and it shows the contact is working, ohmed out the stator, everything is in spec, the reg/rec tested fine as well. I've replaced the solenoid on the off chance it could've been bad and the cdi unit as well, along the the little solenoid relay unit. I'm still getting no spark. The spark plugs is new as well and the coils to the plug have been tested and are good. I've tested and trouble shooted everything I can on this quad and no luck. I watched countless YouTube "no spark" situation videos and it's not helped. Does anyone have any tips or tricks I could try? Would really appreciate some input on this. Thanks!
    • By Bits52
      Thank you for your help, just got quad for my daughter n needs a little work [email protected]
      It's actually a 2002 , just found serial number. Thanks for any help that you can !
    • By switch
      I have a really dumb question. My big bear came half apart and I am not sure how the timing chain guide is supposed to sit in there. I have the entire top end cleaned, bored, new piston, gaskets, etc. I do not see anywhere in any manual or thread where it shows how the chain guide is installed or held on place????? Also should it be the same height as the other side???
    • By biggreen2010
      ok it will start up an run but quits a lot till it gets warm, but has a bad miss an wont idle, I have a brand new Honda carb on it, good gas flow, new plug, but when I let the throttle go below a quarter, it backfires through carb an tail pipe:confused: so it has never had any electrical work or mechanical work done...it just started all the sudden, I'm think it may have ignition coil breaking down, or cdi box going bad...anyone had this trouble before? let me know what you did to fix it. thanks:skeptic:
    • By higdon87
      Need some help i have a 2001 400ex that smokes on start up and smokes even more when you give it throttle. I just noticed that it leaks oil at the header and motor connect. I just got it from a guy that said he rebuilt the top half and he told me that the valves needed to be adjusted. But what will make it leak? Thanks in advance