Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Bandit

Warrior problems

I have a warrior that i bored .50 over. and changed the cam chain. Well the problem is:

1. It cranks really hard with choke on,and will only start while cranking with choke on and quickly shut choke off while still cranking...then it fires.

2. When i rev it up a little it takes a while to come back to a idle. And dont idle well.

3. When it is idling, It makes some kind of flat sound and dies, Not a sputtering die, but a brupt sudden die. Almost like somthing in the engine catches and kills the engine. But not always....sometimes it will make that nosie and sounds like its gonna die but goes thru it.

One time when i was cranking it the starter wires started smoking. I also changed the cam chain.My guess is a timing issue. I unscrewed the sight window on the fly wheel and put the "T" on the mark, and put the cam sprocket mark on the top notch on the head.

The catching sound that sometimes kills it concerns me. Could it be the idle gear off the starter? Or could it be my starter messing up? I thought maybe a gear in tranny catching slightly, but i took chain off and watched the sprocket, that wasnt it.

Hhhhmmmmmm Did You Just Do These Mods Or Did It Run And Just Start This? What Compression Does The Piston You Put In It Have 50 Over Is Pretty Big So I'm Sure You Have Alot Of Commpresion In There. If This Just Started You Might Need A Larger Cam To Get Rid Of The Exhaust Gases It Might Be Vapor Locking In The Haed. Till It Bleeds Off. I Don't Know For Sure Though Thats Sounds Kindda Odd I Would For Sure Check The Timing One More Time I Had A Warrior And Had Nothing But Problems With The Cam. If Its Off That Could Do It.

ok...I think i might have a timing problem. I also have a stage 1 hot cam. So do i still set the timing the same? its .50 over and hot cam. I just rebuilt te carb and started it, and its still doing the same thing.

Does this sound right? I moved the cam gear one link towards the back of the bike. And it starts easier and runs a whole lot better. Could that be because of the hot cam why I cant have it set to the factory timing marks?

Here is a update...I bought a new carb,jetted it, and re timined it. And guess what? IT RUNS GREAT!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2005 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 won't start

Hi guys, trying to get a quad running again. It was running fine but the electric start did not work. My uncle was using it and the pull start snapped. So I replaced the pull start and electric starter motor. Now it just cranks and cranks but will not start. I have spark, I have fuel to the carb, I know this is a 2 stroke with a separate oil tank, what else should i check?

By TheJester517, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • 2000 yamaha warrior 350 no spark

I have a 2000 warrior with no spark bought new stator and pickup coil and still nothing tested to see if power coming from new parts and still nothing could my flywheel be bad help 

By Beck Beck, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Kazuma Falcon 150 First Successful Start

Kazuma Falcon 150 First successful start after several years of employment. She was relieved to find that nothing was connected, everything was cut off, incomplete. No pipes or pipes, parts are missing $ 175!There was hardly a screw, the fasteners had plastic fasteners!  Kazuma Falcon 150.mp4

By Knave, in Kazuma ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Kazuma 250 won't start

I have a kazuma 250 utility atv, I believe it's a gator and this thing will not start for anything. I've got good spark and it will turn over but will not fire up. I can't find any kind of manual with useful info on this thing. Can any1 tell me what the stock car. Settings r on it so I can make sure they r rite.... I don't think tat s my problem but the more I can rule out the closer I can get 2 a solution. Thanks! 

By Bobbi-Marie Giordano, in Kazuma ATV Forum

• 5 replies
    • Kodiak 400 4x4 wiring problem

Hello All,
      I am looking for any help or suggestion that I might be able to get on how to wire a '04 Kodiak 400 4x4 motor into a Coleman Outfitters / Hisun 400 4x4 Utv. This machine had the Kodiak motor installed and was running until someone stripped the wiring to install new harness. They destroyed the old harness so it of little use now. We have a new harness for the Utv and part of the wiring to the Kodiak CDI and Voltage regulator/rectifier is in place. For now I am just trying to find a good diagram of the wiring needed to Power up the motor. Any help with this part of our issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to help my son this machine running since he bought into this nightmare.
      Thank you,

By res2fr, in General ATV Discussion

• 6 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Anthony Marceau
      Hi everyone! I have a 1986 yamaha moto4 200 that's been sitting for a while! Cleaned the carb, replaced engine oil, put fresh gas in it. Got it running and went for a ride! It was running great just a little backfire once in a while! I barely made it home on the way back and now the bike won't run at all since then! It will start if I give a little bit of throttle but dies instantly as soon as I let go off the throttle! And even if I try to rev it up it'll sound like its not getting enough gas.. it revs up a couple hundred rpm's and backfires through the carb.. it almost sounds as if I was trying to take off from zero in 5th gear! Nothing is seized though! I dissasembled the head and the piston and cylinder are fine! Rebuilt the carb, replaced the ignition source coil.. I don't know what to do anymore.. compression test shows 90 psi Specs are 128 psi but i'm not sure if I trust my compression tester.. any ideas? Thanks!!
    • By davidwestfall
      looking for direct shift shifting lever that properly fits my 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 and fits my foot the same as a stock 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 shifting lever fits my foot
    • By davidwestfall
      hey I'm dave westfall I'm new I just became an official member of this site a few minutes ago. Ive been crazy about quads and bikes since I was about 3 and ive always done my home work on them figuratively speaking. I would say for comparison to the common man that I am pretty knowledgeable about them. its been my passion about most of my life. I love talking about quads and bikes so if anyone out there would like to talk with me about mechanical subjects or about person experiences while riding or just shoot the breeze please feel free to chat with me. I'm looking forward to it.
    • By Dalton318warrior
      I have a 2000 yamaha warrior that wont start it has gas air spark etc ive replaced the the cdi box but i need help thanks
    • By Chain_Attraction
      I recently bought a 2000 warrior that needed motor work. I got it all put back together and can't figure out why I have no electric coming on, it has a new battery with 12.5v the fuse is good and I believe I have all the ground wires connected. Any help or suggestions?